Wysong

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
just wondering if anyone is on this food & how they like it. I have some quams with petco and I went to this other pet store and they didn't have the Nutro...so here I am again....

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
IMO, Wysong is a good food, but very $$$. Just not totally worth it. Some of their formulas(or maybe all) aren't 100% complete, either.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
what do you mean by not complete? It actually was about the same as the $ as the nutro at the store I got it from.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
some of there formulas are just meat ... with out the added viatamin and mineral supplements... I find the ingrediant s in the dry and many of the wet questionable ... like corn wheat and soy all in one formula... I am not a fan of there but there not complete au jus formulas make a wonderful base for beginning homemade food

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Chicken, Chicken Giblets, Poultry Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols as a source of vitamin E), Ground Wheat, Ground Brown Rice, Ground Corn, Ground Oat Groats, Fish Oil, Salt, DL-Methionine, Taurine, Eggs, Plums, Dried Wheat Grass Powder, Dried Barley Grass Powder, Whey, Dried Yogurt, Lecithin, Citric Acid, Natural Extractives of Sage, Natural Extractives of Rosemary, Dried Kelp, Garlic, Black Pepper, Artichoke, Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus lactis Fermentation Product, Dried Saccharomyces cerevisiae Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus niger Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Product, Ascorbic Acid, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement.
those are the ingrediants, bad? they looked good, then again I probly don't know what more then half of them are anyways

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now for IMHO on ingrediants
ChickenWould be better if a meal since meal is the meat concetrated , I like before or after a meal on a label, Chicken Gibletsthis is a by product since they dont specifiy , likely hearts and livers I dont like that in a dry , Poultry Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols as a source of vitamin E), Ground Wheat if no allergies this is a fairly digestable grain, Ground Brown Rice, Ground Cornnot very digestable and not highly allergic but some are, Ground Oat GroatsQuality of groats is questionable, Fish Oilwhos and what type, Salttouch high, DL-Methionine, Taurine, Eggs, Plums, Dried Wheat Grass Powder, Dried Barley Grass Powder, Whey, Dried Yogurtgrass is great fresh but with all the other grain and grain types is it nessasary??? Yougurt is another allergen and so is whey , Lecithin, Citric Acid, Natural Extractives of Sage, Natural Extractives of Rosemarytheses can cause tummy issues , Dried Kelp, GarlicNO NO NO this is a item that in some cats will cause anemia and could be deadly..., Black Pepper, Artichoke, Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus lactis Fermentation Product, Dried Saccharomyces cerevisiae Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus niger Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Productlove the herbs in green and the probiotics of different types, Ascorbic Acid, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement.
those are the ingrediants, bad? they looked good, then again I probly don't know what more then half of them are anyways:blush

It is not a bad food I am just very picky

One meat and four grains doesnt impress me for a carnivore

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
maybe I should just find some where that delivers Nutro, I really liked them on that and they seemed to enjoy it. So of the two SD or Wysong though? I think I'm gonna have to call the local pet stores, I'm hitting myself over the head cuz I just remember another fairly lf pet store more or less in my area that would probly have the Nutro

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ladycat

maybe I should just find some where that delivers Nutro, I really liked them on that and they seemed to enjoy it. So of the two SD or Wysong though? I think I'm gonna have to call the local pet stores, I'm hitting myself over the head cuz I just remember another fairly lf pet store more or less in my area that would probly have the Nutro
If it were SD or Wysong and I could afford it ... it would be wysong the quality of ingrediants is better

www.nutroproducts.com there is a store search on the site

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had gotten some the wet food as well, and my cats are not impressed nor was I, it was very gooey & smelly. Leave it to me to buy 6 cans when i'm broke....

b'smom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't know if this is helpful, or if it is ok to post, but Petsmart.com is having a promo where shipping is free if you order $40 or more in food... the code is "Perksf207"... I know that they carry Nutro so maybe you can order from them...