Dandruff?

justicelynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not sure if this is the right place for this...
My big female, Akasha has kittie dandruff. It has improved since I've switched her off of SD, but she still gets it. I brush her about twice a week or whenever she gets jealous of the new guy William, who has to be brushed every day. She likes the brush but I think she gets over stimulated. She starts trying to play with the brush. Can anyone give me suggestions as to why she has dandruff or how to get rid of it?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Pixel sometimes has dandruff. i've noticed an improvement in it since she's been on lysine therapy for her herpes. it also got better when i switched them over to the Chicken Soup brand food.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is she eating now? In my experience dandruff can be due to diet or not enough humidity. You may want to try adding a humidifier to your home if you're already feeding a good quality food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

justicelynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is on Chicken Soup, her coat was gorgous on EVO, but her tummy wasn't, so......and it's not overly dry. It's not a constant, but every once in awhile.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by JusticeLynn

She is on Chicken Soup, her coat was gorgous on EVO, but her tummy wasn't, so......and it's not overly dry. It's not a constant, but every once in awhile.
well her fatty acid s were about halved in the food switch maybe some fish oil