Do you have a signature scent?

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few different perfumes that I wear, but I mostly wear Armani Mania. It used to be exclusive to Bloomingdales & Nordstrohm's, but now you can get it anywhere....

Others I like:

Versace Metal Jeans
the old Prada
AlienAlien by Theirry Mugler
Shi by Alfred Sung

So what are you top picks in the perfume dept????

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't wear perfume. The smell of it mixes with my hair products & I end up smelling rotten!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My perfume is Laura Biagotti's Venezia. It used to be easy to find at department stores. Now it is almost impossible to find anywhere. Even when I travel I always look in duty free with no luck. Now I have to get it on-line or there's a perfume store in a small mall nearby that occaisionally has it.
I'd be lost without it. It took me years to find one that suited me.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite is Body by Victoria.

I love Victoria's Secret Heavenly also. That one is more of a nighttime scent for me.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm allergic to any and all, but when I was younger, I used to wear Love's Baby Soft.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually have a few signature scents. In the winter, I wear Body Shop's vanilla perfume, and at Christmas I combine that with the vanilla spice fragrance, also from the Body Shop (and only available during the holidays). In the summer, I wear Calgon's Hawaiian ginger body spray, with a spritz of the Body Shop's new pineapple-coconut body spray. I don't spend a lot of money on perfumes (and in fact, they're usually given to me as a gift by J's family), but I like smelling pretty; I just have to be careful about what I use because very strong scents give me a migraine or make me sneeze.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite is Strawberries & Champagne from Victorias Secret
Or Heavenly by VS, John likes that one the best.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh now this is my sort of thread!

My favourite is Angel by Thierry Muigler, but the others i have are....

Gucci Rush

Flower by Kenzo

Prada

Rive Gauche by YSL

Coco Madamoiselle by Chanel

Coco by Chanel

Eternity by Calvin Klein

Chloe that Gil bought me at christmas

Whenever in doubt what to by me, perfume!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Crap I forget what I'm wearing. It's one of the Victoria Secret Body Sprays though...dark pink. They just actually clearanced it this last Annual Sale. Along with another scent that I really like.

I know one kid in my class' scent is Patcholi and BO

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Well it's not one i would be putting on my neck, but if you like the smell of it Bruce then the answer is yes
i bet alot of guys, and cats would love to try nibble a neck that had that smell

just a thought,

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I'm allergic to any and all, but when I was younger, I used to wear Love's Baby Soft.
I LOVE the smell of Loves Baby Soft, I used to wear that when I was younger
Now I want to go buy some!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i bet alot of guys, and cats would love to try nibble a neck that had that smell

just a thought,
You could be right because i have The Bodyshops body butter in mango, coconut and brazil nut and Gil loves the smell.

You men, you've got no nose for perfumes really have you, it all comes down to food!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

So what are you top picks in the perfume dept????
usually food smells, like warm vanilla sugar, sun-ripened raspberry, chocolate... but i also like opium. go figure

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

I just have to be careful about what I use because very strong scents give me a migraine or make me sneeze.
for me, it's not the strength of the perfume but the scent - certain scents will give me migraines, too. food scents are usually safe, but not always, as citrus can be a problem. there are at least 2 i know of well enough that i know their names - Escape, by Calvin Klein, Sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden - that always give me a headache. they also stink to high heaven, IMO - skunks smell better
i'm sure they must smell differently to the people who like them

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

You could be right because i have The Bodyshops body butter in mango, coconut and brazil nut and Gil loves the smell.

You men, you've got no nose for perfumes really have you, it all comes down to food!
I recently bought Bodyshop Satsuma body butter. Men comment on liking the smell, I've noticed. It's sort-of Orange scented. I also bought the Satsuma fragrance oil for my oil burner.

As an aside, the almond lip balm/butter is really nice too.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend got me hooked on Mambo by Liz Caliborne.
I love the smell. Brad isn't much perfume wise, he wouldn't care if I smelled like cat food or grease from work
. He says perfumes don't do "it" for him. (whatever "it" is) LOL! He's such a goofball!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't handle heavy scents like Liz Taylor's line or anything heavy with musk.

I used to only wear Ysatis by Givenchy and got a lot of compliments on it, but hubby didn't like it. We spent about an hour at duty free one day just trying to find one we both liked - didn't happen. Then we met a real estate agent when we were selling our house and we both loved the scent she was wearing - it was Paloma Picasso. That is now the only scent I ever wear.