smiley limit

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
does anyone else have a problem when they multi-quote with the smiley limit? when I multi-quote, I always have to go back and delete smileys, is there anyway the smiley limit can be increased or not count on multi-quotes?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

does anyone else have a problem when they multi-quote with the smiley limit? when I multi-quote, I always have to go back and delete smileys, is there anyway the smiley limit can be increased or not count on multi-quotes?
yeah, i've had that problem, too. i just delete the smileys in the quotes. since the limit is there due to past trolls, i figure it's needed.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
These smilies are small in size, but they can take a hit on the server when there are too many because of all the threads in our forums and all the traffic they get. At one point the smilies were unlimited, but that was an error. They were also limited to less than 10, but at one point I have increased them to 12 some time ago. If anything, I would reduce them, especially since pages now have to calculate points, bank and total points in every post bit, as well as gift graphics. We will likely keep them at 12. I delete extra smilies when quoting lots of members as well. That's the best way to deal with it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

These smilies are small in size, but they can take a hit on the server when there are too many because of all the threads in our forums and all the traffic they get. At one point the smilies were unlimited, but that was an error. They were also limited to less than 10, but at one point I have increased them to 12 some time ago. If anything, I would reduce them, especially since pages now have to calculate points, bank and total points in every post bit, as well as gift graphics. We will likely keep them at 12. I delete extra smilies when quoting lots of members as well. That's the best way to deal with it.
okey-doke! just thought i'd ask

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Don't ever quote Pami or LSULOVER and you'll be okay!
Them two are smiley queens!
or Rigel! he always has a ton too

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

That you use threee smilies when you could have used one
Sometimes I just feel the need to use more than one, I think I am trying to make a point. Like when I use the laughing smilies I think something is funny, or if I use the hugging smilies, ( I really like that one), I am sending lots of hugs.