How many of you are bookworms?

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So how many of you out there are bookworms? I love reading. I read about a book a week and read anything from fantasy, criminal investigations like cornwell, robin cook, inspirational stories, to classic literature. What do you guys like to read and how often? I know someone posted that they can read 8 books in 3 weeks!
I also like reading about gardening and anything to improve my yard. What is it about reading that you really enjoy? Do any of you ever start more than one book? Do you do other things while reading?

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Go to the Paws and Reflect section and there's a thread titled "What are you Reading" You'll find out what everyone likes. I'm a bookworm too, though probably not more than 5 or 6 in 3 weeks. Plus I'm knitting too, and its impossible for me to do both at the same time.
My poor house is suffering from neglect though. Just can't do it all!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been in "reading mode" lately, and have been going through 2-3 books a week. I like reading fantasy the most, but will read nearly anything if I'm desperate!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am a bookworm too, although not as much now I found the internet!! I would like to find time to read more though, but the housework suffers already!!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loooove to read, but its an expensive and time consuming hobby.
I've had to limit myself to only a few authors that I'm allowed to buy in hardback - everything else I either wait until the entire series is done and in paperback, or I borrow it from the library. I've been doing a lot of re-reading books in order to save money!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually have 4-6 books on the go at any one time, and finish at least two a week. They vary from novels to history to science to politics.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read 2-3 books a month. I'm in two book clubs that meet once a month but I want to choose my own books to read in addition to that.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love reading! I am lucky because I work just around the corner from a great charity bookshop (Animal Aid) so I get most of my books second hand from there, although nice glossy non-fiction I like to buy new. Our bookcases don't only hold CDs and DVDs
I couldn't afford to buy fiction new, I can get through 5 or 6 fat novels a week easily as I read extremely fast.

I go through phases of what I like to read, at the moment it's crime and has been for some time. I have lots of non-fiction archaeology, history, and science books too.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

I love reading! Our bookcases don't only hold CDs and DVDs
I couldn't afford to buy fiction new, I can get through 5 or 6 fat novels a week easily as I read extremely fast.
i can do that in the summer, when i'm not working. but during the school year, it takes me a bit longer, because my free time goes down, & TV has to fit in there somewhere! my bookcases [i have 7, plus several cabinets full & they're also stacked on top of the bookcases] are full of books. my house is under 1000 square feet...

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a total bookworm. I'll read anything (although I don't feel compelled to finish things if I don't like them) and go through about a book a week. Lucky for me, almost all of my friends are bookworms, too, so I raid their libraries on a regular basis. I also write fantasy fiction (nothing published, as yet, except for some angsty teenaged poetry when I was in high school), so I really feel that the more I read, the better my writing will get. Or that's the theory, anyway ...

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to read crime novels forensic stuff and things like V.C. Andrews. I only do 1 book at time or I will get mixed up lol.

sprocket

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

I love to read crime novels forensic stuff and things like V.C. Andrews. I only do 1 book at time or I will get mixed up lol.
Hi Momof3!

Do you prefer crime fiction or true crime? I read mostly true crime, but I also read some occasional fiction. I often read several different books at once, but they will usually be different genre. For example, I might read a fiction book at the same time that I'm reading a true crime book and a book on plants, etc., or something on alternative health.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PaulaS

I've been in "reading mode" lately, and have been going through 2-3 books a week. I like reading fantasy the most, but will read nearly anything if I'm desperate!
What fantasy authors do you like?

Originally Posted by Mirinae

I'm a total bookworm. I'll read anything (although I don't feel compelled to finish things if I don't like them) and go through about a book a week. Lucky for me, almost all of my friends are bookworms, too, so I raid their libraries on a regular basis. I also write fantasy fiction (nothing published, as yet, except for some angsty teenaged poetry when I was in high school), so I really feel that the more I read, the better my writing will get. Or that's the theory, anyway ...
I wish I friends I could do that with! lol That would be awesome!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to read. But unfortunately I never seem to have the time to do it lately. I'm lucky if I make it through 1 book a month.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read quite a number of books-depending on the genre I can easily read 3-4/week. Thats on top of two daily newspapers. I just picked up 6 more books on Monday at Goodwill. My sis and I swap books through the mail too.