Things that are blamed on the cat(s)...

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
...and I don't mean the funky smell when you're watching TV.

I know this happens in more homes than just mine. Here are some of the things that get blamed on the cat(s) in my house:

- Turning up the heat. "But the cats were cold!" (Um, no, YOU were cold, they have fur coats)

- Sleeping too late. "I was going to get up, but then Ophelia/Mojo came and snuggled with me." (Earl works from home so he doesn't have a real schedule to keep, and Ophelia and Mojo are both very strong in the kitten magic - the magical ability to make a human fall asleep if they want to snuggle while napping.)

- Not doing something, anything. "Sorry that didn't get done, but (kitty's name) was snuggling!" (This is a perfectly acceptable excuse.)

- Not sleeping. "I was sleeping OK, but then (kitty's name) needed snuggles/to play/attention of some sort." (This works between us, but for some reason the bosses don't get it.
)

What do the cats get blamed for in your home?

rosey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't need to blame the funk on the cats..it IS him...lol Orion does silent but deadly ones..nasty nasty.

They get blamed for leaving the toilet seat up..or I should say putting it up...

..a likely story...

*shakes head*

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh the sleep issues we have!
The good ones are sleeping in because of snuggle time with the boys.

Most often, it's lack of sleep because of Wiggies.

We blame our lack of intrest in cleaning the apartment on the fact that the cats will just make it messy again anyway!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH says it's the cats fault his dishes aren't picked up and the TP roll isn't changed.

otherwise they are good reason to procrastinate on the cleaning ("i can't get up, the cat is on me"). or asking the other person to get you something.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I blamed Kitty for me being late for work.
Either he`s decided he needs play time just as Im going to bed or like today he did a poo on the carpet so obviously I had to clean it up!

My boss knows him so I usually get away with it. He he heee!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes the lack of housework acheived by me when I have a day off by myself is definitely blamed on the cats, how on earth do I have time to do housework when there are cats that need to sit on you?

And being late for work definitely.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the heat one is big in our house.....He'll say "oh they must've bumped it with a tail" ok 1st of all, LuckyGirl doesn't have a tail, "oh, it musta been Louie then"....

and the stink IS my cats....they reak sometimes....

they are the reason he leaves the empty tp roll on the floor & not in the trash, and they are the reason I find used q-tips in my bedroom under the bed.....but that's the truth, they are the reason, they are trash can fishermen....

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The lack of sleep CAN be blamed on the cats. Right now Chevy is definitely the cause of waking us up in the middle of the night. Summer's had her fun too before we got Chevy. They also seemed to enjoy chasing one another on top of Scott and me in the middle of the night.

They also get blamed for how messy our place can get, but it is partly true due to them constantly knocking stuff down, and Chevy carrying socks everywhere, but Scott's still the main reason!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Everything is blamed on the cats in my house!

1. The water dripping in the bathroom sink.... Sampson was thirsty, I
couldn't let him dehydrate! Even though they have three big bowls of\\
water around the house!

2. The laundry not being folded. I can not in good conscious wake up so
and so and make them move! They must be cold if they are laying on
warm clothes!

3. Can you please change the channel, I don't want to remove Takoda
from my lap. He just fell asleep! Of course they have to come from
another part of the house to change the channel but the remote was at
the opposite end of the couch I couldn't possibly reach it without
disturbing Takoda!

4. I could go on and on!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lack of sleep can always be blamed on the cats ... It's almost always their fault!

Any loud, sudden noise is assumed to be a cat, so it's alarming when you hear a loud, sudden noise and realize both cats are sitting beside you.

Messy, unvacuumed carpets are the cats' faults, as is hair/fur clogging the drain in the bathtub (never mind that I'm the one with long hair and neither of my cats goes into the bathtub).

Water on the floor is the cats' fault; if I step in a puddle in the kitchen or bathroom, I automatically assume Spike was playing with his water dish.

Dripping water from the bathroom faucet is the cats' fault; Spike has figured out that the tap requires very little pressure in order to be turned on, and he likes playing with the drips and therefore turns it on all the time.

Any time I wake up with a stiff neck, cramped legs or other stiffness/cramps, I blame the cats for making me sleep in a weird, contorted position. They also steal the covers. Oh, and Spike has -- accidentally -- turned on my alarm clock after it had already been turned off, so that it started blaring while J was still asleep. Fortunately, Spike has never been able to duplicate this feat.

Finally, I totally blame my cats for the fact that my plants keep dying. I'm certain it has nothing to do with my failure to water them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The funky smell did get blamed on the cats last night too. Someone used the litterbox and didn't cover (there's some Alpha issues going on ATM), and from 2 rooms away we could smell it!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

The funky smell did get blamed on the cats last night too. Someone used the litterbox and didn't cover (there's some Alpha issues going on ATM), and from 2 rooms away we could smell it!
We've had that the past 2 nights too...nothing has changed their diet...just more active.

Yes, I think there was one day I came home and the house was really warm...like 80 degree warm.

"We have to keep it warm for BEauty's arthritis".

We only think she has arthritis...nothing has been confirmed yet.
Besides at 80 and she's still pressing against the register, well then, that's just something else..not arthritis...more like habit/comfort.

Being asked to do something and not doing it because a cat is on your lap. I'm famous for that

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The BF blame a certain smell I blame the fact there is no milk
I know I never give it to them but the kids do not know shhh. I say the cats drank it all you have to have toast this morning. They roll there eyes lol.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always blame dirty windows on the cats. Didn't you know those few wet nose prints in the window can spread and taint your entire window inside and out?

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL they sure do get into alot of mischief don't they.

1. Thing blamed on Tavia is the tv channel being turned due to her stepping on it even if I was sick of dad watching news for the last 24 hours.

2. My bed not being made because I couldn't possibly disturb the cat.

3. The dishes not being done because Tavia was in my lap and I couldn't wake her.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only blame the SBD's on Reeses, because it IS her fault...and it's always when I'm on the floor playing with her and I'm more down wind of it.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

It's not the cats that get blamed here - it's TCS.

"I didn't do the dishes because I was posting to someone who....."

"I didn't put the laundry in the dryer, because I was posting to someone who..."

"I forgot to call so-and-so because I was on TCS."

"I'll be right there...." 45 minutes later - I thought you were coming down for dinner?

Laurie