omg!!!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have just recived a phone call from my vets about fluffy. she was spayed 4 months ago had the stitchs shaved and everything. i brought her home and that was that. i just got a phone call saying they think there has been a mix up , apparently that day they had a few spays to do. there was an emergancy case brought in just as the vet had opend up *another cat* to do the spay. they didnt procced with it and closed her up to see to the emergancy case.
they said the cat was brought back in last week to be spayed but turned out she had already been spayed. they think they got the notes mixed up as the other cats name was fluffy. they didnt look at surnames??????????????????
so fluffy now has to do back in to be spayed. she has been going out side for the last 2 months. iv just gone to check nipples and god knows what else , but nothing thank god. so she is now stuck in side untill 26th march as i am not taking her back there and this is the earliest appointment i could get. im so angry right now. how can a mistake like this be made , and that poor other cat being reopend for nothing!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i just had a fault , you know last week i had a rant about cats doing something in my garden . im thinking back and i think it might have been fluffy??? i know she went through a stage of wanting out more but i never had reason to belive it was because of mating??? she will be spayed on the 26th no matter what happens , but ffs this has really ***** me off. and there was me banging on about the cat when it could have been my own cat!!!!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not surprised you are angry! If it was Fluffy mating remember this isn't your fault, you are a responsible cat lover and you were completely unaware that she might be able to get pregnant
At least if she is you still have time to get her fixed. IF she is, that vet had better not even think of trying to charge you extra for a spay/abort!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
im not being funny , but i have booked her in with a different vet , i just phoned them up to let them know that i think she has mated and they are not going o charge me extra is they do a spay abort , i know the other place would have donei t for free , but the trust has gone , ya know? just a shame i cant get her in sooner.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't blame you for not trusting this vet. I would be so angry I would be giving Judge Judy a call! Make the vet that made the mistake pay for it.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep I understand completely, I would find it hard to trust them again too (having a moment of paranoia that it's the vet I use, probably not tho, London isn't exactly a village!)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since the one vet messed up, do you think its possible that the clinic could pay for the spaying at another clinic if you can get her in sooner at the other clinic?

I don't think you should have to pay twice.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um, isn't the one who didn't do the spay, but was supposed to, refunding your money?!? That's the least they can do! If they didn't do the spay and took your payment, they should be falling all over themselves to give it back to you, if not offering to pay for any extras of the "new" spay!

faith09tp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
wow... i would be pissed off too. i had to switch vets too. it's a long story, lol, don't even get me started because i get pissed off everytime i think about it. let's just say it ended in the death of my cat tyler, i loved him so much and still miss him....

they should give you a refund, because you paid them for doing nothing! they need to give you the money back.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i never thought of asking for the money back ?? what if they say because they offered to do it for nothing they will not give the money back if i go else where?
also what part of london are you form ? im in the south east ?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
terrible situation, but at least you got a phone call about it so you can do something before it's too late and she winds up pregnant.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness..I would be so
right now also..Your poor Fluffy...but at least they figured it out and told you before you had a litter and wondering "what the heck"?

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
true , even though i check my cats regually for anything out of the norm , i could have easliy missed that , with fluffy she has always had a big belly , at first the vets thought she had fip , but it turned out to be nothing , so she always has a pregnant look about her anyway. the only difference i would have noticed would have been her nipples.

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Geez! I'd definitely get the money back for sure. What are the odds?
I'd be mad too.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

i never thought of asking for the money back ?? what if they say because they offered to do it for nothing they will not give the money back if i go else where?
also what part of london are you form ? im in the south east ?
You paid the vet to do a job and it wasn't done. We have a lot of respect for our vets, but it doesn't mean they should be able to rip us off! Just be straight with them - tell them that you paid them to do a job, they didn't do it, they mixed up the records, and you have lost trust in them and you want someone you can trust to do the job. That is not at all unreasonable - I mean my god if you get a plumber in to do a job and they don't do it, you don't pay them, you have paid the vet to do a job and they failed to do it and you don't ever want to have them make what could in future be a life-threatening critical error on one of your cats.

You have the right to choose your vet, you have paid them for something they didn't do, it has left you in an awful situation - don't be afraid of putting your foot down and demanding back the money you paid them for the job they didn't do. They are not royalty or gods, they are providing a service in return for payment, and they didn't provide that service and they ****ed up big time. This isn't the NHS with poor funding and waiting lists and a mostly free service where you just have to accept that things aren't as good as you would like, they messed up and why on earth should you let them ever come near your cat with a scalpel, just demand your money back and go elsewhere!

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

Um, isn't the one who didn't do the spay, but was supposed to, refunding your money?!? That's the least they can do! If they didn't do the spay and took your payment, they should be falling all over themselves to give it back to you, if not offering to pay for any extras of the "new" spay!
Thats freakin right!
Boy I would just have a bird if that was my Mikey. I get furious with them when he caught a little sneezey after his fixens. I yelled at the workers because I am so over protective of him and heck..Mikey trusts me..like most of our furry babies do..we dont want to put them through that anymore then they do.

Demand your moolah back!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok i took your advise and phoned them up to see if they would some how transfer the money to the new vets . and they was great about it, there also sending down a cat toy, cat nip and some IAMs food , which i am going to donate to my local rescue. so at least something good came out of it.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

ok i took your advise and phoned them up to see if they would some how transfer the money to the new vets . and they was great about it, there also sending down a cat toy, cat nip and some IAMs food , which i am going to donate to my local rescue. so at least something good came out of it.
Great news!

I'm so glad they are being good about it and refunding your money. The toys and food are nice too and bless you for donating them to the shelter

Glad everything worked out ok and good luck with the new vet.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i havnt met the new vet yet , im just hoping his nice and not one of these ones who never has the time to talk about whats gone on , i hate that. but so far the receptionist seemed nice lol

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great that they are refunding your money, it's the least they can do.