My nephew needs vibes!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got off the phone with my mom and found out my 17yr old nephew has been having severe headaches for the last few weeks. Well, my sister told him to suck it up and deal with it because she thought it was just his allergies... he's had really serious allergies since he was a baby and would get headaches from them..
Well, he was at school last friday when his headache got so bad his vision was blurred and he couldn't walk. My sister took him to the ER and they did catscans. The results came back today and he has a tumor on his brain!

He's graduating on the 1st of May with all honors and Valevictorian (sp?).. He's an extremely intelligent and handsome young man

He goes back the 1st of the month for further testing as to what they are going to do.
Can I have some "hopefully it's treatable" vibes???

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my! I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope it's treatable and not too serious! He's young with his whole life ahead of him - how awful! I'm praying and sending healing vibes for him and his family! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww. I'm sending vibes to you and your family right now. I hope everything turns out fine.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alycia, I'm sorry to hear such horrible news!!!

I'm sending tons of vibes his way for sure!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww Alycia- i am sending lots of prayers and vibes his way
I am praying it is benign. I too have a tumor on my brain- it's just a little benign cystic one though- i'm lucky. It's right smack near the middle of my brain (it makes my vertigo symptoms act up when i don't have my medicine and it gives me headaches too) I am praying that his is just benign. Sometimes brain tumors can be removed with great success- i'm praying this is the case. Please keep us posted and please let your sister and him know we care and are praying for them

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
{{{VIBES}}} for your nephew & his family!
Poor boy, my cousin is 28 & has a brain tumor. She's been on chemo for a year now. I can't imagine what this will do to such a young kid.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
o my..thats gotta be soo scarry what sad and horrible news
ur nephew and ur family are all in my thoughts and prayers and I am sending many get well, and be treatable vibes ur way

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending hugs and prayers from Mississippi for your nephew and the rest of the family.

Please keep us posted on how he is doing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone!

Like I said, he's only 17 years old and is graduating soon. His name is Patrick. This has come as a shock to the whole family.
I only found out yesterday. My sisters and brother are all in Kentucky (over 1000 miles away from me) and we're not very close at all. I'm the baby of the family and if it weren't for my mom telling me, I probably wouldn't have found out.
I might call my sister today sometime and talk to her. It's been over 3 years since we've spoke so it's akward. I'm pretty much left out of the loop alot when it comes to the family so it's weird me calling any of them. My sister (Tammie) and I were never close and it saddens me knowing that I'm not close to any of them especially when something like this happens.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Thank you everyone!

Like I said, he's only 17 years old and is graduating soon. His name is Patrick. This has come as a shock to the whole family.
I only found out yesterday. My sisters and brother are all in Kentucky (over 1000 miles away from me) and we're not very close at all. I'm the baby of the family and if it weren't for my mom telling me, I probably wouldn't have found out.
I might call my sister today sometime and talk to her. It's been over 3 years since we've spoke so it's akward. I'm pretty much left out of the loop alot when it comes to the family so it's weird me calling any of them. My sister (Tammie) and I were never close and it saddens me knowing that I'm not close to any of them especially when something like this happens.
It is the same why in my family here
It is sad.

I just read this thread and I am sending all the prayers me and my crew can and vibes.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh my gosh!!! you're nephew will in my thoughts, how horrible for such a young kid