California Natural (cat & dog dry kibble)

luvccc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey all

I have been feeding my 3 cats California Natural (cat formula) for over a year now. I have nothing bad to say about this food; I have seen improvement in coats, eyes, ears, claws in all three cats. Cally still has some dandruff on her rump, although not as bad as before and not as persistent, and Cruz still has chin acne, but with the old dishes replaced by ceramic, and washed a few times a week, I am hoping this will clear up. I am going to talk with a Vet this week about some wipes or antibacterial cleansing formual for her.

We recently adopted a dog (Lainie, Border Collie X Lab X whoknowswhatelse) and I have been slowly switching her off Nutram (Petland) to California Natural (dog formula, of course). She hasn't had any reactions at all to the new food, and I have yet to see how it will improve her overall health.

Is anyone else feeding California Natural?
http://www.naturapet.com/display.php?d=home-tab

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed Cal Nat too - all my babies, indoor and feral, love it. I only use it as a treat, though, never a full meal. Even though it's a high quality food, too much dry food can contribute to urinary tract problems. The majority of the food my cats get is canned, but they do love the Cal Nat!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use some of there wet .. cat and dog wet are the same
.... I have tried the dry and neither of cat or dog liked ... If you have dandruff you should give fish oil

luxum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you have dandruff you should give fish oil
I started giving salmon oil to my dandruffy one and it made a dramatic difference within like three days, amazing.

Sharky - do you know if fish oils trigger allergic response if a cat is allergic to fish? I was under the impression that it was proteins that caused allergy but lipids were ok. Any idea?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by luxum

I started giving salmon oil to my dandruffy one and it made a dramatic difference within like three days, amazing.

Sharky - do you know if fish oils trigger allergic response if a cat is allergic to fish? I was under the impression that it was proteins that caused allergy but lipids were ok. Any idea?
In likely 99% of those with fish allergies fish oil wont trigger but there is always the one that triggers on the most minnacule protein....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvccc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have fish oil, but I think I need to start giving it to her every day again. It's called "Veterol".

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i gave it every third day and noticed a big difference