My Dressy Went Well!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!

I got through my dressy (dress rehearsal) without any major glitches! I even drank a doubleshot and had the two grad assistants (who I am always trying to impress) show up so that I would be nervous and hyped up!

The thing with my pianist/friend is resolved....the program was altered slightly, so it buys her a few extra minutes, but she's cutting it close and will have to be accountable to her boss for that. DOuble-booking in music is one of the biggest
"sins" and probably one of the most unprofessional things one can do. I got a call from the head of our studio telling me that I shouldn't worry about it, but that the pianist/friend can expect a call and verbal lashing (as well as a lowered grade, possibly) for even suggesting this. So, I don't know how much that will materialize...the studio head is a little bit hotheaded...but she is just going to have to deal with it. THere's nothing else I can do for her.

But....good dressy!! My intonation has been fabulous, my articulation is clear, my sound got out into the hall and I didn't screw anything up except a few little finger-bugs.

I need some good vibes for Friday!

(Oh, and Chicago TCS'ers can feel free to join us if they're like. Just PM me. Hopefully I'll be on here at least once to get back to you
)

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eat a couple of bananas (that what we did if shots weren't available) and HAVE FUN!!!

Break a pad!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Eat a couple of bananas (that what we did if shots weren't available) and HAVE FUN!!!

Break a pad!
Breaking pads is my specialty! Especially this time of year