I'm kicking the butts!!!!!!!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well girls (and guys) I just officially had my last cigarette!!

I've smoked for longer than I care to recount, quit once for almost a week and came back smoking almost twice as much as I did before. This time its for good, I really want to quit. Josh and I are quiting together!

It amazes me how much that a single habit can consume your life. I mean a smoker basically plans their whole day around cigarettes, when you need to pick up more so you don't run out, its the first thing you think about in the mornings, after a meal, when you get in the vehicle, right before bed, after sex.....it just goes on and on. I'm done. I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!

I'm going to use this forum as a little bit of self-help if you guys don't mind!!

Reasons I don't want another cigarette:

I want to smell my shampoo again, and my laundry detergent!

I'm tired of getting eaten up by mosquitoes, freezing to death or standing in the pouring rain, just to have a smoke.

I don't want to smell like smoke anymore.

The headaches and mood swings I'll experience while my body adjusts will be nothing compared to losing a lung, or dying from cancer.

I want to spend my extra money on things that we really need or just really want, instead of smoking it away.

I want my breath to smell good, and my teeth to be without stains!

I want to be able to ride my bike, jog, play with my baby sister without choking for air.

I want to set a good example for the young people (and some older ones) around me.

I want to learn to deal with problems and stress without turning to a vice.

I'll add more as I think of them and will look back to this for inspiration when the cravings really hit me hard.

Anyone else who is quiting, thinking of quiting or already quit, please feel free to add to my list with reasons of your own! We can all help each other!

I'm very excited to start this new healthier journey in life! I hope to find someone else who is too!!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is great Keysha, I know you can do it.

I have cut back way down on my smoking, and we don't smoke in our house no more either.

I wanna smoke more when I drink, but even now that is getting better.

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I'm not a smoker, but just wanted to wish you well on your journey. And you have some terrific reasons for quitting too! Good luck.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay!!! I know you can do it!!!
I have never been addicted but my best friend has been struggling with quitting for a long time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

That is great Keysha, I know you can do it.

I have cut back way down on my smoking, and we don't smoke in our house no more either.

I wanna smoke more when I drink, but even now that is getting better.
Thats when I want to smoke the most too! Get me tipsy and I'm like a frickin smoke-stack!!
If I knew that I could "social smoke" on the odd occasion that I do drink, I would, but I don't think I could wake up the next morning and not want one.

For that reason, I'm staying away from drinking for awhile. I gotta clear my system first!

Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

WOOHOO That is great if ya feel like one pick up the keyboard and type away please we are always here.
Thanks to both of you! I'm gonna need all the support I can get!!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snuzy

I'm not a smoker, but just wanted to wish you well on your journey. And you have some terrific reasons for quitting too! Good luck.
Thanks,
I'll probably add more as I go along. I have to keep looking at it that way, or I'll sure enough pick up again!

Originally Posted by Jenny82

Yay!!! I know you can do it!!!
I have never been addicted but my best friend has been struggling with quitting for a long time.
Thanks for the support, and hug your friend for me! Its tough!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Support is are middle name. Yes this is a cats site but that is why we have the lounge to help support others who need it for different reasons besides being addicted to catz lol.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

Support is are middle name. Yes this is a cats site but that is why we have the lounge to help support others who need it for different reasons besides being addicted to catz lol.
Your are very right!!

I'll probably be making a ton of signatures for a while!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Luck! Are you doing this cold turkey? Are you taking anything to help your through this?

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazyforinfo

Good Luck! Are you doing this cold turkey? Are you taking anything to help your through this?
Nope cold turkey. I don't want meds, to me that just seems like taking up one vice to get rid of another, ya know? I want to do it on my own, I have to learn to deal with stress and things without them. I CAN DO IT!
I just have to keep telling myself that!

Thanks so much for the support!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

Nope cold turkey. I don't want meds, to me that just seems like taking up one vice to get rid of another, ya know? I want to do it on my own, I have to learn to deal with stress and things without them. I CAN DO IT!

If you smoke inside then you won't have to deal with the film on everything.

I just cleaned my monitor and it took me 15 minutes.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yep, you can do it Keysha, I believe in you.

I am sending you and Josh some hugs to help.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazyforinfo

If you smoke inside then you won't have to deal with the film on everything.

I just cleaned my monitor and it took me 15 minutes.
Nope, we only smoked outside, and in the garage. I don't like having smoke in the house. I like the house to smell nice.

You know, the weird thing is that I'm more addicted to smoking than I am the nicotine I think. I LOVE to smoke. I always have. When you think about that, its ridiculous, but its true.

But not anymore!!
I'm over it

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I have been smoke free for 1 year now and I quit cold turkey. Here's the best advice I can give you when the urge comes:

Drink a glass (or several) of water
Think of a stinky dirty disgusting ashtray
Exercise
Chew gum
And, above all else.... don't cave in to the craving!

Even though you know it will be difficult, congratulations on making the decision to lead a smoke-free life!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Would you like me to steal my little sister's pom poms so you can have your own purr-sonal cheerleading section?

If you ever have a craving, we're here for ya!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom

I have been smoke free for 1 year now and I quit cold turkey. Here's the best advice I can give you when the urge comes:

Drink a glass (or several) of water
Think of a stinky dirty disgusting ashtray
Exercise
Chew gum
And, above all else.... don't cave in to the craving!

Even though you know it will be difficult, congratulations on making the decision to lead a smoke-free life!
Thanks so much, I'll keep that all in mind!! Unfortunately I can't chew much gum. I have TMJ and it just makes me hurt too bad. I did buy a huge bag of wintergreen lifesavers last night though!!
That should help!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Would you like me to steal my little sister's pom poms so you can have your own purr-sonal cheerleading section?

If you ever have a craving, we're here for ya!
Only if you promise to spell my name in your cheer!

Thanks girl, it means the world to me!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4BadCats

You're a little star!!!!!

BIG positive vibes coming to you, to help you along!!
Thank you!!