Question For You Bakers Out There...

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Howdie y'all...

Do any of y'all use those new-fangled 'rubber/plastic' baking pans? You know the ones I mean...they look & feel like soft rubber. I've seen them in many stores but I've yet to try them. Sure would like to hear from those of you who have and what you think of them as far as performance, ease of cleaning or anything else you'd like to share about them!

Thanks y'all...
Hilda>^..^<

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittiesx2

Oh, me too please! I've been wanting to try them but they scare me a little
Exactly, I'm afraid they're going to melt or something!

Hilda>^..^<

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any, but my mom does in the RV.
I've used them, they are fabulous, I can't wait to start replacing all my bakeware with them.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been wanting to buy and try these for such a long time. I even had them on my christmas list. Arlyn, are they easy to clean?

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on your idea of easy

I have no dishwasher, so everything is a pain in the butt

They are non-stick though, so they really aren't difficult, and I'm fairly certain they are dishwasher safe.
Heck, they can handle a 400 degree gas oven, I doubt a dishwasher can harm them.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't use them, because I just don't trust the compouds to not leech into my bread or cookies.

I'll just stick to the same old bread pans.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's just silicone, there are no petroleum compounds in it like traditional rubbers and plastics.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

I have two, they are amazing, mine are blue and like you say all wobbly and funny looking, but they do the trick perfectly
i haven't gotten any because they're wobbly... wouldn't that be an issue? i can just see taking a cake out of the oven & having it crack in the middle because the pan bent
i use the plastic disposable pans that glad makes & i sometimes have that problem with them, & they're more rigid than the silicone ones seem to be...

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have most of the set and I just love them..easy clean. They are "wobbly" but I just place them on a cookie sheet after they are done baking just to remove them from the oven..

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsRNmom

I have most of the set and I just love them..easy clean. They are "wobbly" but I just place them on a cookie sheet after they are done baking just to remove them from the oven..
See, that's what I was thinkin' I'd do if I ever got some.

Hilda>^..^<

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't bought any either because of the "wobbly" factor. I burn myself all the time on regular pans...I'm fairly certain it would be worse with floppy ones.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

I have two, they are amazing, mine are blue and like you say all wobbly and funny looking, but they do the trick perfectly
I have heard they are the best..I know people who wouldn't go back to regular pans.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did buy a couple a while back on sale, but since we've been redoing our cupboards they're in a box somewhere!
I have no idea which box, so haven't used them yet!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like them at all. You really have to adjust the baking times as it seems the muffin pan cooks much faster but the loaf pan bakes slower. I tested this by using both the metal ones and the silicone ones at the same time-splitting the recipe in half. I tossed one pan out already. You are supposed to put the muffin one on a cookie sheet for instance-well I think that effects the cooking time-I should try placing it on my pizza tray that has more opening in it.
Good thing I bought mine at TJ Maxx so I didn't fork out $$$ as I will not buy them again.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I don't like them at all. You really have to adjust the baking times as it seems the muffin pan cooks much faster but the loaf pan bakes slower. I tested this by using both the metal ones and the silicone ones at the same time-splitting the recipe in half. I tossed one pan out already. You are supposed to put the muffin one on a cookie sheet for instance-well I think that effects the cooking time-I should try placing it on my pizza tray that has more opening in it.
Good thing I bought mine at TJ Maxx so I didn't fork out $$$ as I will not buy them again.
Did you place the muffin one on one of those AirBake cookie sheets? If so, maybe that's why it didn't cook right...just my guess of course.

I was thinking of buying a couple of 9 inch round cake ones...my metal cake pans have just about had it...in fact, I threw my last one out this weekend...it was a mess. Has anyone tried the round cake pans yet?

Hilda>^..^<