TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Question For You Bakers Out There...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Question For You Bakers Out There...

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
Howdie y'all...

Do any of y'all use those new-fangled 'rubber/plastic' baking pans? You know the ones I mean...they look & feel like soft rubber. I've seen them in many stores but I've yet to try them. Sure would like to hear from those of you who have and what you think of them as far as performance, ease of cleaning or anything else you'd like to share about them!

Thanks y'all...
Hilda>^..^<
post #2 of 20
Oh, me too please! I've been wanting to try them but they scare me a little
post #3 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittiesx2 View Post
Oh, me too please! I've been wanting to try them but they scare me a little

Exactly, I'm afraid they're going to melt or something!

Hilda>^..^<
post #4 of 20
I don't have any, but my mom does in the RV.
I've used them, they are fabulous, I can't wait to start replacing all my bakeware with them.
post #5 of 20
I've been wanting to buy and try these for such a long time. I even had them on my christmas list. Arlyn, are they easy to clean?
post #6 of 20
Depends on your idea of easy
I have no dishwasher, so everything is a pain in the butt
They are non-stick though, so they really aren't difficult, and I'm fairly certain they are dishwasher safe.
Heck, they can handle a 400 degree gas oven, I doubt a dishwasher can harm them.
post #7 of 20
I don't use them, because I just don't trust the compouds to not leech into my bread or cookies.

I'll just stick to the same old bread pans.
post #8 of 20
It's just silicone, there are no petroleum compounds in it like traditional rubbers and plastics.
post #9 of 20
I have two, they are amazing, mine are blue and like you say all wobbly and funny looking, but they do the trick perfectly
post #10 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^< View Post
Exactly, I'm afraid they're going to melt or something!

Hilda>^..^<
Me too!!!
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooficat View Post
I have two, they are amazing, mine are blue and like you say all wobbly and funny looking, but they do the trick perfectly
i haven't gotten any because they're wobbly... wouldn't that be an issue? i can just see taking a cake out of the oven & having it crack in the middle because the pan bent i use the plastic disposable pans that glad makes & i sometimes have that problem with them, & they're more rigid than the silicone ones seem to be...
post #12 of 20
I have most of the set and I just love them..easy clean. They are "wobbly" but I just place them on a cookie sheet after they are done baking just to remove them from the oven..
post #13 of 20
I always see them but I've never bought any... I really want to tho!
post #14 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsRNmom View Post
I have most of the set and I just love them..easy clean. They are "wobbly" but I just place them on a cookie sheet after they are done baking just to remove them from the oven..
See, that's what I was thinkin' I'd do if I ever got some.

Hilda>^..^<
post #15 of 20
I haven't bought any either because of the "wobbly" factor. I burn myself all the time on regular pans...I'm fairly certain it would be worse with floppy ones.
post #16 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooficat View Post
I have two, they are amazing, mine are blue and like you say all wobbly and funny looking, but they do the trick perfectly
I have heard they are the best..I know people who wouldn't go back to regular pans.
post #17 of 20
I did buy a couple a while back on sale, but since we've been redoing our cupboards they're in a box somewhere! I have no idea which box, so haven't used them yet!
post #18 of 20
I use the silicon muffin pans they are great nothing burns and things cook evenly it's great!
post #19 of 20
I don't like them at all. You really have to adjust the baking times as it seems the muffin pan cooks much faster but the loaf pan bakes slower. I tested this by using both the metal ones and the silicone ones at the same time-splitting the recipe in half. I tossed one pan out already. You are supposed to put the muffin one on a cookie sheet for instance-well I think that effects the cooking time-I should try placing it on my pizza tray that has more opening in it.
Good thing I bought mine at TJ Maxx so I didn't fork out $$$ as I will not buy them again.
post #20 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailC View Post
I don't like them at all. You really have to adjust the baking times as it seems the muffin pan cooks much faster but the loaf pan bakes slower. I tested this by using both the metal ones and the silicone ones at the same time-splitting the recipe in half. I tossed one pan out already. You are supposed to put the muffin one on a cookie sheet for instance-well I think that effects the cooking time-I should try placing it on my pizza tray that has more opening in it.
Good thing I bought mine at TJ Maxx so I didn't fork out $$$ as I will not buy them again.
Did you place the muffin one on one of those AirBake cookie sheets? If so, maybe that's why it didn't cook right...just my guess of course.

I was thinking of buying a couple of 9 inch round cake ones...my metal cake pans have just about had it...in fact, I threw my last one out this weekend...it was a mess. Has anyone tried the round cake pans yet?

Hilda>^..^<
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Question For You Bakers Out There...