I'm blue about Miss Moofs

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's not coping too well with the little terror Teddy

I've explained that he's just a baby and that he's teething, got lots of energy and loves to play with her, she tolerates him for a while, but he gets a bit nasty, jumps on her real hard, theres always lots of warning growls but he just wont let up

She runs away from him, but he usually thinks this is just a game and of course, goes chasing after her. She stands her ground and growls her annoyance at him, but again he just wont let up. He wont even leave her after shes eaten, she wants to relax and have a wash and he's all bouncing on her - why does he pick on Miss M ?

Most days, well everyday, he gets put into him room - I tell him he's being too rowdy and that its his 'time-out'. He even has to sleep in his room at night, Moofs is with us and I dont want that to become stressful for her

I feel real bad about Miss Moofs, she is not her usual self, and I understand why, it will take time for them to settle - I suppose she was numero uno and theres this little tasmania devil flying all over the place now.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
aw, it'll settle down soon, Ann, I'd definitely keep doing what you're doing, separating them, I'd even step it up to everytime Teddy gets too rowdy, give him a time-out, that's what i did with my boys Hades and Poseidon who were trying to kill each other, whenever things got crazy, the instigator would get put in the bathroom. it took a month, but now they can co-exist in the same room.... for the most part

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
heyu is the same with eazy, he wants to play play play, well heyu has never been that much of playing kitty. so after a few min she will do all the same stuff Miss Moofs is doing.

Now on the good side, heyu has started to want to play with me again when i get home, along with playing with eazy for a period of time. i have even seen her start the play. When i put eazy in the room at night when i leave for work, heyu will sit in front of the door and stick her paws under, So she many not like eazy, but she is gettting used to him.

Once teddy gets a little older, both will be fine i bet

the last month, both have even started sleeping with me, so its takes time.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, Ann just got me caught up - I TOTALLY missed the thread about his being returned, and I am TRIPLE excited that he's with Ann where he belongs!!!

Poor Moofi - she'll get past it after a while.
Give her some extra snuggles from me.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried Rescue remedy for Miss Moofi? I used it a lot for Daisy when we first got the younger ones.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would try some of that rescue remedy like Anne said along with Feliway.

When i got Sophie i was told she was the most confident one in the litter and was she not!. Even though Rosie had accepted her she could press her buttons big style, and even now she still tries to push it with her.

Sophie would and still does stand on her if she's lying down. I've noticed if Rosie's on my lap if i'm stretched out and Sophie comes along she'll give Rosie a look that say's "Thats my spot!!"
Then she'll jump up and just walk on her because she knows that Rosie will jump up and jump down so Sophie can have my lap all to herself.

Rosie will only take so much of it though before she'll either give her a growl followed by a bop on the head, and that's when Sophie knows she's went too far.

As long as your giving Miss Moofs plenty of attention she'll be fine, and she'll let Teddy know don't you worry.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

Have you tried Rescue remedy for Miss Moofi? I used it a lot for Daisy when we first got the younger ones.
also, do you have feliway going?
it will settle down as he gets older, but that's not much help right now, i know...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I would try some of that rescue remedy like Anne said along with Feliway.
Originally Posted by laureen227

also, do you have feliway going ?
Thanks guys...........I havent got any of these products and to be honest not sure if our vets stock them
I'll call in tomorrow - its gone 20.00p, here and my vets close at 18.00.........any of our UK people know of a UK web site that I could order some from ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Theres this link Ann

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?mai...FQbnlAodtl3PmQ

I just typed in Feliway UK and theres a few that came up.
thanks Susan ! I'll see my vets 1st, but I'm not hopeful, then I will definately order some of that - I have some UK-Spanish plug adaptors, so I think they should be ok.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ginger was kind of the same way with Trent. She wanted to play, he wanted to nap. Lucky for him he could get up higher than she could most of the time, but she would still bug him to no end.

Our solution? We adopted Mojo.
Now Mojo and Ginger romp to their little girlie hearts' content and Trent and Ophelia snuggle. Trent can choose to join in the romping whenever he wants (sometimes does) but doesn't have to be annoyed with kitten antics.