Do your cats greet you?

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By that I mean, When you come home is your cat sat at the door waiting?

I ask because when I get in from work I`ve learn`t to open the door really slowly because Kitty is usually sat there waiting.
He only really does it on week days when he knows I get back at 3pm.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They aren't sitting there waiting, but they do come running from the bedroom where they are usually sleeping when I open the door

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yup! well at least most of them are, Pandora, Antigone, Gaia, Hades are usually right there, I figure they sleep in the living room
and then right quickly appears Cybele, Sapphire, Poseidon and Demeter. Medusa never comes out and Nemesis rarely does either
oh, i knew I'd forget some one
Circe observes the goings on from the top of the computer desk

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

By that I mean, When you come home is your cat sat at the door waiting?

I ask because when I get in from work I`ve learn`t to open the door really slowly because Kitty is usually sat there waiting.
He only really does it on week days when he knows I get back at 3pm.
all 4 are waiting at the door for me when i come in in the evenings, & Java gives me kitty kisses each night [lifts her nose for me to kiss
]

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I pull into the driveway at 5:30 pm, Cleo is sitting in the cat tree and waiting for me in the window closest to the garage. It's so cute because when I walk past the window to go to the mailbox, she meows at me and paws at the window! She then jumps down from the cat tree and meets me at the back door when I come into the house.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're always in the hallway or just coming out of the living room. Jaffa usually sits in the kitchen window looking out for me when I get home from work, and they hear me coming and the sound of the key in the door so are ready and waiting for cuddles and a discussion about how our respective days have been as soon as I get indoors.

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sam is always waiting at the back door with his front paws on the window part of the door, standing on his back legs, looking for me, like a dog. What a good boy he is. I notice he does this with my DH, and when he hears the car pulling in, he runs down the stairs and to the door. He does this to the mailman in warm weather with the screen door, he runs up and puts his paws up to look out and greet him. Our little ambassabdor.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
heyu gets in the window about 10 min before i get home.
once she see me get out of the truck , she run to the back door, waits for me to open it, they YEOW!!!!!!! at me for about 5..

deelovely79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I have the girls confined to a bedroom or the bathroom they are always right at the door. Tara in particular sits with her back to the door so that her whole tail is out in the hallway (I thinks she wants me know she is right there). Now if I leave Princess Frenchie in the living room, she's such a scary cat that she stays in the back of the living room and watches the door and me until I approach her. Tara's also afraid of the front door (she usually growls when she hears other people leave their apartments) but since she knows I'm the only one opening the door she is right there waiting (and trying to escape).

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jean-ji

Sam is always waiting at the back door with his front paws on the window part of the door, standing on his back legs, looking for me, like a dog.
Eppie does this, too!
And the second she sees me she starts pawing at the window and then runs to the front door. I hear her meowing even before I put the key in the lock
. Whenever I come in, I have to give Eppie a "big stretch" (she gets on her hind legs, I put my hands under her front legs, and she reaches up real high). The come the headbutts
. All the while, Cosette is waiting patiently for her turn. When I'm done with Eppie, then I have to meet Cosette by the foodbowl, where I pet her as she eats and purrs like crazy (yup, she still does that!).

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wesley usually runs down the stairs (from sleeping on our bed) when we come home. He'll start to purr really loudly when we pet him and sometimes gives us a meow when we come in.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zoey always comes running when I walk in. She is always right there to greet me and if she's not I get nervous

Saki will usually saunter in a couple minutes later

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Usually, at least 5-9 of them are at the front door when I come home (funny, they don't wait for hubby!). Sometimes, I see 3 or 4 at the bay window, watching for me. BJ always meows, then stands on his hind legs in order to hug me--usually a couple of times (how can you resist a cat who does this?!!?). He's such a sweetie--he hugs on command, too! Gotta love 'em all!

MargeCat

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reeses usually sits in front of the door when we come home. Some days she's in the way and we wind up hitting her with the door, so we've learned to open slowly
Then when we come in she meows, does her usual back leg stretch to prepare us that she's going to flop onto her side so we can pet her

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I get up in the morning, yes, Radar sleeps in the sitting room and when I first go in I get the best greeting ever, he follows me like a little dog over to the sofa and as soon as I am sat down he jumps to my chest, headbuts me in the face, and then rolls around in my arms purring and dribbling. I love that cat!

Sonic is more interested in running around and attacking the carpet than he is with welcoming us home!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

They aren't sitting there waiting, but they do come running from the bedroom where they are usually sleeping when I open the door
same with my boys!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gracie's always at the front door waiting for me when get home. I can usually hear her "yelling" at me inpatiently to get inside.
Katie meets me at the top of the front stair. Pete doesn't appear until I say "Where's Big Pete?" in a deep voice. Then he comes running. What a goof.
I always have to go looking for Claire. She's almost always asleep under one of the chairs in the living room, so I reach under their and give her a few scritches. She emerges when she's ready, then gets some more loving.