Argh, velcro kitty

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't get five minutes peace this morning... Rick just left for work, and I'm out here trying to redo this sig I made last night that came out terrible, and I'm just not in the mood for a cat on my lap (I cuddle him constantly guys, honest, I do), but here comes trouble, it's' spelled W-o-n-t-o-n, and he just sits in front of my chair looking up at me like "You.. you wont let me up?
Don't you love me anymore?" cos he knows it always works and I'll let him up. Let him sleep on my lap while I worked for a bit, then he heard a noise and went to sit in the window and survey the backyard, make sure there were no intruders.. 20 mins later, here he is back again, tapping at my leg with his paw, and when I look down, he's sitting there with one paw lifted up, as if to say "I'm ready to hop up in your lap as soon as you say the word! Please? You don't want me in your lap?
"... so now I'm cat-lapped again.

Honestly... I could use a good hour to myself, you know? Ah well, what are you gonna do. I do love him lots.. he's just a velcro kitty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
er.. mods.. I posted this in the wrong forum
could a mod put it in the cat lounge? thanks in advance.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel... 8-Bit follows me around like a puppy. It's nice sometimes but every now and then I'd like some me time.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got velcro kitties too, and about the only time I have a moment to myself is if I'm being boring and sleeping. And even then, chances are very good that there are at least 2, many times all 4 at least in the same room. And chances are pretty good that at least 1 of them is touching me.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yep we have a velcro kitty - Dino - and he cant jump as well as he used too, so I have to lift him up and down, here and there, all the time

You gotta love eH

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He sleeps on a thin cushion on my lap (so he doesnt slide off) with his head resting on my left forearm-its the only way he'll sleep when on my lap. so I get my left arm in the correct position so that I can type on the keyboard, he lays down and rests his head on it - and that's it. That's the position my arm is going to be in until he decides to get up.

taken just now:

He looks so peaceful tho. It's hard to be mad at him when I see that sleepy little face

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seb isn't a velcro kitty either. He has his moments but usually a good 10 minutes of lovins and he's ready to go eat or sleep again

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reeses bugs me to play with her everytime I'm on the computer and ONLY if I'm on the computer, and usually only me. It's like her and my wife had a discussion that I'm on it to much and while she's at work, Reeses is going to make sure I'm not on here too much
It's sad too because she'll give me these sad little sounds like "please?
"

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I wish Trout was a velcro kitty
Awww.. trust me, I do know I'm lucky to have a velcro kitty. I've never had a cat who wanted as much attention and love as Wonton does. It's mostly a positive thing, but once in a while it's just a tad frustrating

Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

awww he is a darling!
thank you

Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

Reeses bugs me to play with her everytime I'm on the computer and ONLY if I'm on the computer, and usually only me. It's like her and my wife had a discussion that I'm on it to much and while she's at work, Reeses is going to make sure I'm not on here too much
It's sad too because she'll give me these sad little sounds like "please?
"
hehe... that's too cute. I wouldn't be able to say no to a kitty saying "please" either.

He's gotten off my lap finally
I was able to go get something to drink, make a phone call, and now I've put my music on (can't have it on at a decent volume when he's on my lap - his head whips up, ears go back, eyes go wide, and he looks at me like "What's that racket!!??!"

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So I just went and cleaned the kitchen, took a shower, came back and got online, and ten minutes later, who wanders out to join me? Yep, he's back on my lap.

velcro-kitty, indeed.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww... it's good that you appreciate it most of the time though. For years it was just me and Frankie and she's one of the most independant cats I know. She only lays on me to be pet every few weeks and never stays long.

Then along came Wickett. I get home and he's right there looking up at me telling me how his day was. We'll chat for a bit and snuggle. Then daddy gets home and Wickett goes about bugging Frankie for a bit or something else. Then an hour later he's on the couch looking at me with those eyes. If I don't pet him or if I ask him "what?" he'll quietly tell me that he wants some snuggles. He usually only has to ask once but sometimes I find his little "please" meows so cute that I'll ask him a few times what he wants and if he's sure about it... it's really cute... until I'm in bed half asleep.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds like Chynna. She will cuddle 24/7 literally. All she wants is to be down for dinner and to use the litter and the rest of the time she wants to be on top of me. And there is no getting away from her.

I go to the bathroom and she's right there tapping me on the leg. I go to the kitchen and she's right there looking at me. I sit at my computer and she's on the shelf by my knees tapping and pawing at my leg to get my attention.

I love her to pieces, but it's very frustrating to have such a needy kitty when trying to do stuff. I love to cuddle with her, just not 24/7 like she wants. I wish I had someone else here at times so that they can spend time giving her the attention that she craves.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep expecting to wake up one morning and find that Tomas has taped/tied himself to my hip. I cannot go anywhere in this house without him following along or whining if he can't. He doesn't ask to get in my lap either, he thinks it's his right to be there.
He's still a kitten though and is actually not quite as bad as he was.

Sho is more polite, he will look at me, nod a little then come over. But only after I've invited him by nodding back or patting my lap or beside me.

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Aww... it's good that you appreciate it most of the time though. For years it was just me and Frankie and she's one of the most independant cats I know. She only lays on me to be pet every few weeks and never stays long.

Then along came Wickett. I get home and he's right there looking up at me telling me how his day was. We'll chat for a bit and snuggle. Then daddy gets home and Wickett goes about bugging Frankie for a bit or something else. Then an hour later he's on the couch looking at me with those eyes. If I don't pet him or if I ask him "what?" he'll quietly tell me that he wants some snuggles. He usually only has to ask once but sometimes I find his little "please" meows so cute that I'll ask him a few times what he wants and if he's sure about it... it's really cute... until I'm in bed half asleep.
Oh yeah, I definately appreciate it..especially at night, when I've got the bf on one side and Wonton on the other - I feel very safe and snuggled up
It's just that I grew up an only child, and learned to entertain myself a lot of the time, and I just need a bit of alone time everyday - that means alone, no ppl, no cat - just me. I only need an hour or so.. but I need it. 99 times out of a hundred tho, I let him up on my lap regardless. It's impossible to say no to that face

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

That sounds like Chynna. She will cuddle 24/7 literally. All she wants is to be down for dinner and to use the litter and the rest of the time she wants to be on top of me. And there is no getting away from her.

I go to the bathroom and she's right there tapping me on the leg. I go to the kitchen and she's right there looking at me. I sit at my computer and she's on the shelf by my knees tapping and pawing at my leg to get my attention.

I love her to pieces, but it's very frustrating to have such a needy kitty when trying to do stuff. I love to cuddle with her, just not 24/7 like she wants. I wish I had someone else here at times so that they can spend time giving her the attention that she craves.
Exactly.. Wonton's the same - if my bf and I go into the garage and close the door so he can't follow (he's not allowed in there in the daytime, cos the landlord uses it too and there is a chance he could slip out), he sits and meows piteously at the door. He can't stand knowing we're in another room, but he's not.

Originally Posted by strange_wings

I keep expecting to wake up one morning and find that Tomas has taped/tied himself to my hip. I cannot go anywhere in this house without him following along or whining if he can't. He doesn't ask to get in my lap either, he thinks it's his right to be there.
He's still a kitten though and is actually not quite as bad as he was.

Sho is more polite, he will look at me, nod a little then come over. But only after I've invited him by nodding back or patting my lap or beside me.
aww.. Sho sounds very polite and sweet

Wonton already got his morning snuggles from me this morning - he's in sleeping on the cable box, cos it's nice and warm, so I've actually got a moment to myself right now

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have two velcro kitties. When one's not on top of me, the other is. Sometimes, when Nermal is on my lap, Fred will jump right on top of him. Then I have 25lb of kitty weight to contend with.

There definetly are times when they are in the way. When I'm trying to type (right now!) and they're all over the keyboard. Or when reading the newspaper or a book.

The best is if I'm on the phone, laying on the couch. Nermal will always get on my chest and start kneeding my stomach. All the person on the other end of the phone can hear is "ouch, ouch, move your paw, your claw is stuck in my sweater. Get your bum out of my face!"

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arcadian girl

It's just that I grew up an only child, and learned to entertain myself a lot of the time, and I just need a bit of alone time everyday - that means alone, no ppl, no cat - just me. I only need an hour or so.. but I need it.
I'm the same way, there has been a few days where I've actually snapped at them to "LEAVE ME ALONE" (add a word or two). I love them dearly but sometimes the clinging goes to far.

Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

Sometimes, when Nermal is on my lap, Fred will jump right on top of him. Then I have 25lb of kitty weight to contend with.
If I'm holding Sho, Tomas -must- be in my lap too. I dread him growing up to be as big as Sho.

Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

The best is if I'm on the phone, laying on the couch. Nermal will always get on my chest and start kneeding my stomach. All the person on the other end of the phone can hear is "ouch, ouch, move your paw, your claw is stuck in my sweater. Get your bum out of my face!"
People hear me talking to Tomas, "what?", "what?" "why are you meowing now?", "no, you can't chew on the phone..." usually in that order.