I have to vent and my fiance is too angry right not to listen to me

jessicasoosweet

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Soo my fiance has been fixing computers and all, he was working at circuit city but hates retail sales, he wants to just fix computers and not have to deal with the warrenty sales stuff and all that so he quit his job and has been going to peoples houses to fix their computers on his own and all that....But I want a steady income cuz we live on his parents property in a guest house and I am getting tired of it and want to move away from here in to an apartment, so in order for that to happen we have to show a steady income, I just got a job this past monday and he has an interview this morning for a tech support job, Well he has been sick these last few days and asked his mom if she had anything for diarrea and stuff well
she gave him a tablet and did not tell him it was his brothers promethezine (however you spell it) and that is a sedative and antinaseua medicine and it also makes you fail a drug test. And his mom knew he was gonna have to take a drug test and we told her repeatedly not to give him any sort of perscription medicine ( she is always trying to do that ) So I am so mad right now it is not even funny. I knew I should have not gone to sleep and made sure she did not give him anything. And so he wakes me up and tells me this and when I told him it will make him fail he went back to his moms and told her something and then his dad starts naggin on him for saying crap to his mom.

Sorry this is so long I just needed to get it out.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well not true, all he needs to do is write down the name of meds he took, and he should be fine.
plus they normaly just look for illegel trace of drugs. or so i have been told.

As for the tech support job, you would be shocked how much business on the side he could be getting now, to bulid up a client base to do on his own. WE made a lot of under the table money in are early IT jobs, This was how working for chain store called media play. talk to the person, about there comuters, alot of people will start telling you about how this wont work, or the computer is doing this, and it wont stop etc, A little talking, and i would have a house call at 35 dollar a hour. This was when i was 19 i think. Under the table money is always a nice thing. hehe plus alot of the older women always wanted to feed me so free food also

i hope that everything works out ok for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessicasoosweet

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well he was a PC Tech at circuit city so he couldn't do his own thing cuz of conflict of interest and he actully has 4 or 5 peoples computers lined up to fix and has a laptop here he is fixing but it isn't the client thing or lack of that makes us want for him to get a job but the steady and proveable income to get our own place. and down here in Houston I belive promethezine is considered an ilicit drug if you do not have a valid perscription for it because of the whole lean thing here (promethezine with codine cough syrup)

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sending hugs and prayers to you from Mississippi, I hope everything goes ok anyways.

Please let us know how everything works out.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry I dont know anything about US laws regarding all the presciption drug stuff.

But I can understand why you'd be mad - its an important thing going for an interview and I cant understand why his mom would want to sabotage her own son's chance of steady work

Heres hoping it all settles down and he gets through the interview OK

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OHHH that is HORRIBLE! Sounds like mom is sabataging his "moving out". I hope you guys move out soon - you don't want to be marrying a "mommys boy" with MIL controlling everything.

Is there any way your fiance' can explain what happened and ask for another test - have you or someone he trusts write a letter that he does not do drugs?

IMO I would move out ASAP even if its a small place. Does his mother do a lot of controlling over him? If so, you might want to seriously reconsider marrying him unless he stands up to his mother. If he gives in, you guys will have MIL problems like you wouldnt' believe! Trust me on this.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My only question is, if his mom keeps giving him Rx stuff, why does he keep asking her for stuff?

Anyways, unless the laws are different in Texas, pretty much as long as you're not on illegal drugs (opium, marijuana, E, etc) then he should be pretty good.

I agree with theimp though...it's very easy to have a steady income with tech support jobs. Once he establishes a customer base and asks for his customers to recommend him, he'll have his own business. That'll be beneficial to him mainly because if he didn't like not being able to do his own thing in retail, he probably won't like the business-tech support industry. They have as many guidelines to follow as retail.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessicasoosweet

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

OHHH that is HORRIBLE! Sounds like mom is sabataging his "moving out". I hope you guys move out soon - you don't want to be marrying a "mommys boy" with MIL controlling everything.

Is there any way your fiance' can explain what happened and ask for another test - have you or someone he trusts write a letter that he does not do drugs?

IMO I would move out ASAP even if its a small place. Does his mother do a lot of controlling over him? If so, you might want to seriously reconsider marrying him unless he stands up to his mother. If he gives in, you guys will have MIL problems like you wouldnt' believe! Trust me on this.
When we first moved she tried but he is very good about standing up to her and telling her how it is and for the most part she is pretty cool and stays out of our business but its just with the med and being sick sorta thing that she always gets in to our business and he had asked her for an over the counter medicine because we didn't have any at the time. but I researched it and it should be fine with the drug testing and all it is just the fact that we told her he did not want a prescription medicine because of drug test thing cuz she is always offering them to him and he always says no and she gave it to him anyways knowing he had to do a drug test. But I want to move out as soon as I can anyways.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry, that was really mean of her.

I think he should go out and get his own over-the-counter medicines so he won't have to ask her for anything.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't blame this solely on his mother. He should have been a big boy and told her "no mom I can't take that I have a job interview."

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jessicasoosweet

and down here in Houston I belive promethezine is considered an ilicit drug if you do not have a valid perscription for it because of the whole lean thing here (promethezine with codine cough syrup)
He should be ok, as long as he lists the meds he is taking. They usually don't ask if you have a prescription or not. However, the last time I had a drug test for a job was over 12 years ago. But when I did, I had a form to fill out and list any medications I had taken, even OTC stuff. He should do ok on the test, but his mom needs to stop giving him these meds that were not prescribed for him.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

He should be ok, as long as he lists the meds he is taking. They usually don't ask if you have a prescription or not. ... He should do ok on the test, but his mom needs to stop giving him these meds that were not prescribed for him.
The chances of them asking for a prescription for a low level dose is slim, but if his mom has done it before, why would he have taken anything from her, and regardless if it is my mum or not, I do not take random pills given to me without the bottle or pill packet to see the side effects and whether they should be taken with milk/water/ food etc

Originally Posted by ClaireBear

I wouldn't blame this solely on his mother. He should have been a big boy and told her "no mom I can't take that I have a job interview."
instead of asking his mom, maybe he should have asked a pharmacist