Well I'll be...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was puttering around with the leads and harness today because the weather made a very sudden warm up in good old NE Ohio. Well, after putting them on 8-Bit and Scratch and having them both do the "limp" kitty routine, I decided to try Dr. Claw. He was a CHAMP! We went up and down the hallway, I took him on tile, and he and I just had a blast. I'm really looking forward to this Spring and Summer. I can't wait to take him on walks!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL - that must have felt great. Ginger becomes a parapalegic when I put a harness on her, so I stopped trying, and Ferris, well, I'm not even going to try it with him, I like to think I'm relatively bright.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

LOL - that must have felt great. Ginger becomes a parapalegic when I put a harness on her, so I stopped trying, and Ferris, well, I'm not even going to try it with him, I like to think I'm relatively bright.
It's so funny, after talking to Dr. Claw's breeder and reading up on Tonks a little bit I've found that one of their common themes is that they are very "dog" like. The breeder says that she harness trains all of her kitties and that they love it!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I actually bought some small dog harnesses at Pets Supplies Plus that were really cute, too bad I didn't know how to put them on
but I was thinking off trying it again now that I know the correct way

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Believe it or not, our dog Opie was the same way, Opie found our home 4 years ago, and he was very skittish about some things, well we wanted to take him camping with us and in order to do that he had to be on a leash. The first time I put him on a leash, he just froze, I just kept trying and now he is fine, and now he gets to go camping with us.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jacob looooves to have his harness on! He knows he's going either walkies or car-car, both of which he has a passion for! Löki would think I was trying to murder him!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stumpy wasn't too impressed when we first put a harness on her, but we did it just before dinner time, and as soon as we got the food out, she forgot about the harness. We played with her after that while she was wearing her harness, and by the time she'd eaten and played in it, she was absolutely fine.

So with Smudge we did the same thing - put it on her the first time, fed her and played with her. She still does the belly to the ground thing, but we haven't taken her out much. Now the weather is nice we'll take the 2 girls out together more regularly.

That's awesome that Dr Claw did so well, hopefully you can have lot of walks with him in the future!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WTG Dr. Claw! What a sweet kitty you've got there.

I couldn't find a harness big enough for Bijou for the longest time. I got the "H" harnesses for them - not as easy to get out of!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe when Dr Claw tells Scratch and 8Bit about all his adventures out on the leash, they will get jealous and want to try out a harness and join in on the fun.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

WTG Dr. Claw! What a sweet kitty you've got there.

I couldn't find a harness big enough for Bijou for the longest time. I got the "H" harnesses for them - not as easy to get out of!
I'm doing the H harness at this point, but if he gains a bit of weight it may not fit him right.

Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

Maybe when Dr Claw tells Scratch and 8Bit about all his adventures out on the leash, they will get jealous and want to try out a harness and join in on the fun.
Perhaps... I just hope to be able to get all three out of the house at one time.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! That's soo great!
All of my girls walk on leads/harnesses with proper flea prevenative on them when it's nice outside. I even have a little garden outside for them with pet grass and catnip
(they're indoor only- so when they go outside- it's only on leads)

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Damita, my blind kitty, is the only one who likes to go for walks!
She never travels in a carrier as she busts her nose open. So, she is wonderful about walking on a harness & lead. I have a step-in type that is like a harness for a small dog. I've found she can get out of the H style & the figure 8 ones...

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Perhaps... I just hope to be able to get all three out of the house at one time.
Now that would be a sight to behold!