So what are you hoarding/pack ratting/delaying throwing out?

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So....much...cardboard...can't...cut...anymore *collapses*

I have so many cardboard boxes in my basement, from deliveries I get, even from the pool table we bought the November before LAST *lol* I'm FINALLY getting around to breaking it all down and throwing it out. I think I have one box left to do and then I have to bundle up the piles. There is a lot of it, I sure hope they take it all at once. I was told there is no limit but you never know

Atleast now the basement won't look like a shipping warehouse and of course my wife is happy that I'm finally getting it and done and I finally only have one drumset down there. As opposed to 2 or 3

So what are you wasting time getting rid of?

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of stuff, I just can't bear to part with some stuff. I am the worlds biggest pack rat.

I really do need to spring clean though and get rid of some of it. I need to get started on my daughters old room. I need to make it into a nursery when my grandbaby comes to visit me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Nothing really?. I moved house in october so i was ruthless and had a massive clear out
That's funny, when we moved in here all the junk came with us

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

That's funny, when we moved in here all the junk came with us
that happened to us when we came to Spain, we had one of these removal companies that pack for you (that is the best thing in the world - I will never, ever pack up my own house again) but the downside - they pack everything thats there - I even had a moldy old onion in my veg. basket

So you just have to clear out your crap before they come.

So hoarding - magazines - and I also have some Habitat (a furniture store - not sure if you have them over the pond) catalogues from 1987 - 1997 ! ooo do you think I'll get any offers if I stick em on ebay

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man- craft supplies, old Christmas decorations (that have been sorted already- last year), clothes that I need to admit I am not getting into again or are too worn out to wear in public
, baby stuff I have to sort and tag for the consignment sales (stuff from 3 years ago- portable baby swing, anyone? my daughter is now 3!), paperwork that needs sorted and shredded,- I could go on...
I haven't truly sorted out since before I was pregnant...

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

Oh man- craft supplies, old Christmas decorations (that have been sorted already- last year), clothes that I need to admit I am not getting into again or are too worn out to wear in public
Oh God now you got me thinking about other stuff.........clothes
dont want to go there

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My size 3 pants and skirts I wore when I was in my 20's to mid 30's.... I think I like to remember the good old days that have long since passed

mimosa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I came across Flylady last July and that really helped me to get rid of all kinds of stuff, our house became a lot bigger ! The one thing I still have to deal with are my "skinny" clothes and about 400 books. I should really just donate these things but I keep thinking I'm going to sell them.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think someone comes in when I am not looking and hides stuff in my closets. I swear I don't think some of the crap in them is mine! I can barely close my coat closet, but at least it does have coats in it, along with a huge pile of other stuff. It scares me when the cats sneak in there. I might never see them again.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few years ago, I went through a period when I couldn't resist buying little things at garage sales -- broken things, beat-up things, things that just needed a little fix-up and some paint to make them useful again.

You can probably guess how many of those things ever got fixed.

But I still have 'em! Why would I throw out a perfectly good broken breadbox or a lovely unfinished needlepoint pillowcase or a really, really nice piece of wood that could be a shelf someday... if I sanded and varnished it... and bought some mounting hardware... and moved into a house of my own where it would be okay to put mollybolts into the walls...

~ sigh ~ "When clutter attacks! Next time on Springer..."

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clothes...I have to try all of the old ones on to see if they still fit...I hate doing that!

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have old albums (yes vinyl
and 45's) stored in the closet, that I refuse to part with
and I don't even own a turn table!!!
and a couple pair of sandals, that I don't even know if they still fit!