Need some help downloading new brushes (PS7)

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alright, so I got my photoshop working again and I wanted to start making some new siggys. Of course, I need some new brushes!

I've always downloaded my brushes from Deviant art, and normally they are win zip files. I can manage those fine, extracting them to my new brushes file and whatnot- but here's the problem:

Today all of the brushes I want to download, are apparently not win zip files...when I click download I get a box that says:

Open With: photoshop.brushesfile (default)

or

Save to disk

When I use the open with option, it opens my photoshop program but doesn't bring up the brushes and I can't find them to "load" them to photoshop. (I hope that makes sense.)

When I use the save to disk option, it doesn't give me an option of where I am saving them to, and again I can't find them to get them to load to photoshop.

If someone could give me a heads up on a way to make this work I would really appreciate it!

Thanks so much!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What you do is save it to disk. Me, I have a folder on the D drive where I save all of my Downloaded brush files, just for tthe future. Anyway, the non zipped one, you can save to disk, directly into Photoshop "Presets/Brushes", and they will be instaled. Like I said, I save mine in a Brushes Downloads File on the D drive then I highlite the brush, Right Click and move it to the Photoshop Preset/Brushes folder and the "Copy" it into that folder.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

What you do is save it to disk. Me, I have a folder on the D drive where I save all of my Downloaded brush files, just for tthe future. Anyway, the non zipped one, you can save to disk, directly into Photoshop "Presets/Brushes", and they will be instaled. Like I said, I save mine in a Brushes Downloads File on the D drive then I highlite the brush, Right Click and move it to the Photoshop Preset/Brushes folder and the "Copy" it into that folder.
It isn't giving me an option of where I save it too though, thats whats confusing me. Then after it downloads, since I don't know where it went, I can't find it!

I'll try again, maybe I'm just missing something.

Thanks so much Hope!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, wait....I've finally found them!

I figured out where they are going, so now at least I can install them.

Thanks for your help!