Back from vet - Radar update

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not great. He has a fever of 103, a lot of gas and some fluid in his bowels, and a very sore throat (either from acid reflux or swallowing a foreign body). He had an antibiotic injection and NSAID to help bring down the fever. I have to take him back tomorrow to see if he has made any progress. Naturally I am beside myself

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, not Radar

Well at least the news could have been worse..I'm sure he will be okay..I am sending many prayers for him for sure though {{{{}}}}
Poor little guy.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no!
I am so sorry!
I hope he is better soon. you both will be in my thoughts and prayers.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
aw, poor little guy, lots of vibes for a quick recovery and some calming ones for you

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad he got to the vet for treatment. He is in my prayers. Keep us updated please!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really need a slap, I am trying not to be upset in front of Radar, I don't want to stress him, but of course I am upset and crying.

tbh he is a lot more active today than yesterday, yesterday he pretty much slept all day, but today he has been pottering about a bit - not his normal activity levels, but he was stalking a ladybird before I took him to the vet and now he is sitting on the windowsill looking out.

Is there anything I can do to make him more comfortable? It is quite warm in here - heating off and window open a crack (we have windows which lock into position with a 3" gap so no chance of kitty escape!) but it is south facing on a sunny day. The vet said if he wants to eat give him something bland, fortunately I have some i/d wet pouches left over from when he had his hernia surgery last year so he can have one of those tonight.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

It's not great. He has a fever of 103, a lot of gas and some fluid in his bowels, and a very sore throat (either from acid reflux or swallowing a foreign body). He had an antibiotic injection and NSAID to help bring down the fever. I have to take him back tomorrow to see if he has made any progress. Naturally I am beside myself

Hugs and love to you sweetie! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor radar, poor you. Poached chicken and rice usually goes down well when they are poorly.

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of healing wishes for Radar. I am sorry to hear that. May he bounce back quickly from his illness.

Tricia

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He might like some plain yogurt. Or kibble soaked in FF chicken broth then mushed up. I didn't even know he was sick. Poor Radar.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I didn't even know he was sick. Poor Radar.
He had a very busy day Sunday with no sleep and then yesterday slept all day and didn't show much interest in anything besides food, and I didn't get cuddles at the usual time. He didn't look that comfortable, you know how a comfy sleepy kitty looks! But he was eating and using the litterbox OK. We were monitoring him and hoping it was just tiredness from the day before, but overnight he brought up his evening meal, was still interested in food and had a big lunch but was gagging, swallowing, and licking his lips frequently. Hence the visit to the vet! I think he looks improved today over yesterday, so hopefully it is nothing too major. The gas and fluid in his bowels worries me tho, as I know fluid there is a symptom of FIP. Please god I don't want it to be that, I would rather that he has swallowed something he shouldn't, at least something can be done about that even tho it would be expensive.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Is his temp back down with antibiotics? Smudge (1's) temp never did go back down with his FIP.
I don't know tbh, I was going to go to the chemist and buy a digital rectal themometer today but between my job interview and monitoring Radar and then the vet visit I didn't get a chance to do it. I think Nate will kill me if I stick his good oral thermometer up Radar's bum. Not that I could do it by myself anyway, he yells and struggles (I don't blame him) although there wasn't much yelling today because of his throat, more like pitiful squeaking

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sending you and Radar hugs and prayers from Mississippi, I hope he is feeling better soon, and I hope you are less worried soon too.