The Pussycat Dolls?

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone been watching the show where they're trying to find a new singer for THE PUSSYCAT DOLLS? I don't particurley care for the group, but I find myself watching the show.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm out of the loop...are the PussyCat Dolls just supposed to be the Spice Girls for the 21st century except alot more "ho'd" up?

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched a little bit of the show last week, and also my dads watching it
and well my dad loves the PCD he actually has the cd

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took my SIL to a BEPeas concert for her b-day & the PCD opened up for them. I was shocked that they actually sounded good. I thought for sure they were just gorgeous strippers with a synthesizer to make them sound good....and I was SO surprised to hear them actually sing. I like their music, their cd is good, I wish they would put on a bit more clothes since my 9 yr old likes them so much and they dress like whoooo-aaa's.... that's MO...

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

I'm out of the loop...are the PussyCat Dolls just supposed to be the Spice Girls for the 21st century except alot more "ho'd" up?

That sounds about right.

When I first heard of the competition, I wondered why they didn't just go pick one girl out of a strip joint somewhere.

Thats where the rest of 'em came from, I'm sure.

I like their music.. but I don't care for them at all.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leto86

That sounds about right.

When I first heard of the competition, I wondered why they didn't just go pick one girl out of a strip joint somewhere.

Thats where the rest of 'em came from, I'm sure.

I like their music.. but I don't care for them at all.
Well stripping is easy...actually no, it's easy to be bad at it I guess. But they still have to sing, and not all strippers can sing...but then again the PCG's can't really sing either...

I don't know where I'm going with this.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally I can't stand them!

They grate on my nerves. I'd much rathar support more positive role models for our young girls.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I have heard of them and yes I have a few songs by them on a cd outside. I first heard about them because one of the girls's was born with a cleft lip. And now she runs a charity of sorts for young kids that were born with clefts. I'll have to look the name of it up.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

Well stripping is easy...actually no, it's easy to be bad at it I guess. But they still have to sing, and not all strippers can sing...but then again the PCG's can't really sing either...

I don't know where I'm going with this.
IMO, none of the background singers have much talent at all. Nicole or whatever the lead singers name is, she's pretty good. But I don't think the others could sing for squat.. My opinion though.

But yeah, I know where you were going with that. LOL.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leto86

IMO, none of the background singers have much talent at all. Nicole or whatever the lead singers name is, she's pretty good. But I don't think the others could sing for squat.. My opinion though.

But yeah, I know where you were going with that. LOL.
Good maybe you can explain it to me

I don't understand the appeal of boy or girl groups other than to look good. Any girl who likes a boy band and any guy who likes a girl group probably only likes them because they're cute/hot and not because they have any actual talent.

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You just have to love the PCDolls! Unlike some women (such as B Spears and P Hilton), the PCDolls are strong women who flaunt their sexuality in a non-offensive manner (unlike B Spears or P Hilton). Yes, a woman can be sexual without being a ho, and the PCDolls are proof.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really care on looks of the group/artist that much. I listen to what I like, regardless of what the person looks like. If I like the sound, thats all that matters to me!
Now looks are an added bonus, but..

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

Personally I can't stand them!

They grate on my nerves. I'd much rathar support more positive role models for our young girls.
I don't really like most of their songs either.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom

You just have to love the PCDolls! Unlike some women (such as B Spears and P Hilton), the PCDolls are strong women who flaunt their sexuality in a non-offensive manner (unlike B Spears or P Hilton). Yes, a woman can be sexual without being a ho, and the PCDolls are proof.
Well, what I've seen supports what one MuchMusic reviewer once said: they're always humping everything in sight and if they're not humping something, they're looking for something to hump.