Advice Please - now introducing Mia!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think there is a cat hanging around my backyard, and I'm worried because he likes to hang out under our cars. We have a parking pad in our backyard, and this morning as I was about to go to work, I saw him run out from under my car and into our shed through a hole at the bottom. My husband saw him do the same thing with his car right before we left for vacation a week ago.

Should we try to stop parking in the back? We can check under our cars before starting them, but what if he decides to climb up on the engine and fall asleep?

I've only seen him that one time this morning, so I haven't been able to see if he has a tag or anything. Is there anything I should do besides trying to find out if he belongs to someone? Thanks!!

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
To be safe, I would at least sound my horn to scare him or her out from the car. Hopefully you can find out where he belongs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittergirl

To be safe, I would at least sound my horn to scare him or her out from the car. Hopefully you can find out where he belongs.
My neighbors will love that in the morning.
It's a good idea though. I'd rather be on the safe side. Thanks!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw him again this morning, he was just sitting under my car. He looked at me this time, and it didn't look like he has a collar.

Should I start feeding him? He looked thin. Or should I try to trap him and take him to a vet or shelter?

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

Should I start feeding him? He looked thin. Or should I try to trap him and take him to a vet or shelter?
well that depends on whether you want another kitty ? what do you think ?

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

well that depends on whether you want another kitty ? what do you think ?
I always want another kitty but my DH has told me no...I don't think he would turn one away though...

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww well this kitty sounds just the one for you - maybe you could start feeding him/her to build up trust then in time you will be able to take it to the vets for a check-over, jabs etc.....

have you taken any photos ?

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

aww well this kitty sounds just the one for you - maybe you could start feeding him/her to build up trust then in time you will be able to take it to the vets for a check-over, jabs etc.....

have you taken any photos ?
That's what I was thinking of doing. I mean if he is living under my car and in our shed then it is mean to be, right?
(I am saying he but could also be a she.)

Nope I'll try to do that. I'll see if he's in our shed when I get home tonight but I've only seen him in the morning.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I got home I had forgotten the combo to the lock on our shed, so I had to wait for my husband. Sure enough when my husband got home, the little guy was under my car again and ran into the shed. We opened the shed and couldn't see him because it's kind of a mess in there. I put a bowl of wet food down though and we went back an hour later and it was licked clean. I guess I'll do the same tomorrow and try to get a picture. I wish he wasn't so scaredy.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just checking in.........wow the little fella was hungry then .........I suppose he'll be a little nervous of you for a while, but I bet he'll soon come round

What does DH think about it all then ..........

Keep us posted.and I´ll watch out for those photos

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks.

I told DH I was going to start feeding him to see if I could catch him and find his home and he thought that was a good idea. We didn't talk about what would happen if we can't find his home. If DH says we can't keep him I will try to find him a home or take him to a no-kill shelter. I hate to take him to a shelter but I hate thinking of him living outside, especially since it's supposed to snow again soon.

I got a picture of him this morning but it's from pretty far away so he's pretty tiny in it. He runs into the shed before I get close and once he's in there I can't get to him. I told DH I want to try to reorganize the shed this weekend, and maybe I can make him a little bed in there. I'll try to get a better picture tonight or tomorrow too.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's the best picture I have so far of the scared little guy.

When I opened the shed after work he was not happy...he started growling a little.

I left him food and water bowls and a box with a towel for a bed.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

When I opened the shed after work he was not happy...he started growling a little.

I left him food and water bowls and a box with a towel for a bed.
aww bless him ! he will take a while to come round, but at least you know where he is and that he is eating
a step at a time - awww I'm sending some virtual hugs for the sweetie
and it just brill that you are caring for him..........

Great that DH is supporting you, it does make all the difference !

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is hailing outside...I am worried about him. I couldn't see if he was in the shed today but I left food just in case. I hope he's okay.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww
cats are clever creatures and as you say he's been out and about for a while, so he'll find a dry place to hunker down .....and of course, the food you have given him is gonna be good to keep him strong
......let us know when you see him again !

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The food was gone so he's in there.

The towel in his bed (plastic bin) was all wet so I guess he was using it.
He has a dry towel now, I hope it keeps him warm tonight.

mandm1213

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
aw! i hope that he does stay warm and that you can eventually be able to bring that little baby inside to keep him even warmer!