Women only question

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ladies, have you noticed that your period gets shorter as you get older? I can remember my first few taking forever, but now I'm getting done with them in like four days!

Can anyone else comment on this?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Ladies, have you noticed that your period gets shorter as you get older? I can remember my first few taking forever, but now I'm getting done with them in like four days!

Can anyone else comment on this?
But how old is *older*?? LOL!! I will be 30 in July, does that count??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Yes, I'll be 29 in May.

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Yes, the sure sign that your running out of eggs
Running out of egss... hummm... I don't see that as a bad thing in my case!

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Yeah that is my question too...if you go from the age of start to present....I've had a few things happen in that time. I've had two kids and also had a tubal litigation. It actually lasts longer now than it did when I first started.
Oh the joys....I was actaully hoping that shortly after I got the tubal that it would stop altogether...I even went as far as asking the DR if he could remove it...Unfortunately not unless there was cancer or something like that...

OK so I'm slow...while I was typing a few response were posted...

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm finding mine is shorter and less heavy as I get older, even though I've been on BC for most of my adult life.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3 days here, used to be 5-7 days with lots of accidents.
I'm noticing more of the PMS symptoms now as well, I never used to get moody or cramp or have backaches, now I do, better than longer duration with accidents I guess.
I'm 38.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started mine at 9 1/2, and didn't get cramps until I was 13...but it's still heavy (a little lighter on BC than when I'm not) and lasts as long (I'll be 25 this year). I've also always been like clockwork...but at 9-10 years old, it's hard to keep track of anything, not to mention when my "Uncle Joe" would come to visit.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Y'all are soooo lucky. Mine get heavier and longer as I get older. I have been to the ER twice because I thought something was really wrong, it was so heavy. Yuck!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I'm noticing more of the PMS symptoms now as well, I never used to get moody or cramp or have backaches, now I do, better than longer duration with accidents I guess.
I'm 38.
Me too!! I seriously didnt use to have the cramps and moodiness like I do now!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine use to run for 7-8 days and was pretty err..*full* up until the last 2 days. I hated it.

I just associated it with birth control. After I went on that my periods, err basically dried up and are not only 3-4 days.

The thing that sucks is when I get stressed...then I spot for 2 :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor:' weeks. I run out of period underwear and can't wear anything decent unless it wants to be in the "period underwear" section.

I'd rather it not come when I'm stressed then deal with it for 2 weeks...cause as soon as you think its done, then the process starts again for the correct week.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always heard that BC pills will shorten your period. I've been on pills for years and my periods are rarely longer than 3 days with only one day of steady flow and the rest what I would call heavy spotting.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I'm 38.
Mine are shorter like that too, but I actually have less cramps, and I've pretty much always had bad PMS, though no backaches- just really tired, especially the day before I start, and grumpy and irritable (and irritating
) I'm 36.

I mentioned the shorter periods to my gyn., and he said "Good!", so I'm thinkin' it's not a bad thing all the way around...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

Mine are shorter like that too, but I actually have less cramps, and I've pretty much always had bad PMS, though no backaches- just really tired, especially the day before I start, and grumpy and irritable (and irritating
) I'm 36.

I mentioned the shorter periods to my gyn., and he said "Good!", so I'm thinkin' it's not a bad thing all the way around...
I called my Mom and asked her about it too, and she said, "Honey, aren't you happy that your period is shorter? Would you rather have it last two weeks?"

She's right (as always).

rosey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
mine are shorter too, 3 days maybe but i've always had irregular periods. When they were regular they used to last 5-7 days.

I'm 30 now, my period has been irregular for 13 years...yay me! not...

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I havnt noticed mine getting shorter between 14 and 25, but Ill cross my fingers! And as odd as it may be, Id rather be crampy for 2 days than not crampy and bleeding for 6

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am only 23 so I guess I cannot say! My period jumps all over the place as it is! Sometimes it is 7 or 8 days long and sometimes it's only 2 days ( i like those ones better!
).

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ever since I stopped the BC 9 years ago it has been just as short as if I was still on BC. I used to get it for 8 days before BC. Now it's 4-5 days and light. The mood swings are getting worst! I am very sensitive to sounds just like when you have a migraine. Thankfully it only last 2 days but it's very intense.