Anyone use Spacebags?

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I bought the spacebags where the vacuum is supposed to suck the air out so I could have more closet space. Well I tried it over the weekend and the air doesn't come out. Tried to get in touch with the manufacturer, can't get through on the phone so I sent an e-mail, still waiting for a response. Anyone ever try these, if so did they work for you?
Thanks.

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have used them but not often as it takes me several tries to get the right seal from the bag with the vacuum cleaner. But they did smoosh my comforter and bigger items down to a manageable storing size. I decided not to bother with it on smaller things. It was just too much trouble.

Tricia

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

I didn't have a problem with getting the air out..it was keeping it out. :/ They didn't remain storable for too long. *shrug*

That's the same problem I had with them - they didn't stay compressed and the seals didn't hold well, so I wound up throwing them in the plastic recycling.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

That's the same problem I had with them - they didn't stay compressed and the seals didn't hold well, so I wound up throwing them in the plastic recycling.
I'm ready to throw them out to!!!

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I 1st bought imitation one, it didn't work. So bought a 2 pack of original space bags. Only one kept the air out. They don't go flat, they're bumpy so hard to store.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't tried them myself but I have talked to people that have and the results are mixed.

http://www.infomercialscams.com/scams/space_bag

One thing that is consistent is that things are really wrinkled when they are removed after prolonged storage. Another was that the vacuum seal didn't maintain and the bag gradually reinflated.

Anyway, here is a link to some reviews about the "space bag".

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom has a lot of them, (not sure of the brand?) but I've had my stuffed animals in one since I moved out of my parents house... and that was almost 3 years ago- and they are still vacuumed sealed with no problems!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm with the rest of you all. It takes several attempts to get the air out...I generally have to hold my hand over the vacuum nozzle to help create a seal. The problem is that the air reaccumulates within minutes to days. I've rarely had one hold for any longer than that.

Now I don't bother vacuuming them, I just use them to keep dust off of clothes in the off-season. I do use the travel ones that you roll-up to get the air out. They work much better, and you can pack significantly more clothing.

Sorry you wasted your money on those, though.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I tried the travel ones, thinking it wouldn't have to hold the air out for very long when travelling. I was still disappointed. I think regular ziplock baggies would work just as well.