Limewire

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone use this to d/l music?? I am trying to d/l some songs now, of course with dial up it take so long!! Where do I put the songs once they d/l so I can burn them later to a cd?

Thanks!!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't there a setting within in Limewire that will show you where they are D/L to? I am pretty sure you can change that directory to where you want it.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can save them wherever you want to, I put mine in a folder on the desktop so I can find them easily.
You do have to go in and change it, I forget what the default setting is.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When you click a song to download, right click on it and click "Download As". If you doubleclick it and it ends up in the box thing at the bottom, in the process of downloading, you can right click on it and select "Change File Location." But if you're the only one using it and won't be needing to do that (I do, because 2 others like to download music, lol), then go to Tools at the top browser, then select "Options." You can change the default folder there.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Lime wire all the time, I have seperate folders for all my music on my desk top, I usually seperate mine, I also leave some of them in a Lime wire folder, I was told my someone that it was best to do that.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Becareful of viruses!!!! I don't download anything from limewire or Kaaza anymore. I got viruses from downloading music!!! Those are the sites you have to be very careful of!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

Becareful of viruses!!!! I don't download anything from limewire or Kaaza anymore. I got viruses from downloading music!!! Those are the sites you have to be very careful of!
As long as you keep an eye on what your downloading, you shouldn't get viruses. Don't download any files that look really small in size..I know viruses hide in those files sometimes. The viruses don't just come from anywhere, you have to download them I'm pretty sure.

I think when I had limewire, it would just save the songs into my music file in my puter.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

Only thing you have to worry about now is being caught. These dowloading programs are illegal to use, and there is a minimum fine of $5000 if they catch you. My mum knew someone who was fined $7500 for downloading thousands of songs. Not her actually, it was her 15 year old daughter.
I'm too scared to use any of these programs.

When we get a new computer, I'll be paying for iTunes.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Limewire all the time.. I paid for it

Go to options and you can change where you want to save it.

Usually if there is a virus in the file, Limewire's pretty good at telling you.. says something about a corrupted file.

jessicasoosweet

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would not use limewire...My fiance is a computer tech and have had to fix so many computers that people downloaded viruses from limewire and Kaaza. even if you are careful of what you download you never know and the charges to repair the mess the viruses make is expensive.....The only way you can download music and be 100% sure you will not download a virus is to pay for it on itunes. It might seem expensive but in the end it will be cheaper than having to pay for someone to fix your computer.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I use Limewire all the time.. I paid for it

Go to options and you can change where you want to save it.

Usually if there is a virus in the file, Limewire's pretty good at telling you.. says something about a corrupted file.

I'd be too scared to use anything unless I paid for it.
Not a big chance of getting caught... but there IS a chance.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No Way!!!!!! I don't use those file-share programs. For one, you don't know where you're getting the file from.

I use to use KaZaA (before they started fining people) and so much crap was downloaded on my computer that [back when I had dial up connection] my computer would start connecting to the internet on its own.

I didn't realise that it was pay...still though, your pretty much at the mercy of someone else's computer. At least with iTunes, its with a reputable company.