How many sleep weird because of the cats?

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so I was wondering who here goes to bed around the cats and then wakes up in the weirdest positions or almost falling off of the bed? What encouraged me to make this thread is how I sleep, Bella climbs under the covers with me and I have to have my one arm out like i am cuddleing her and she curls up and puts her front paws and her head on my arm, then I woke up 3 different times with her in three different places of me, the first she was on my legs and they were kind of scrunched (I cant think of the word im lookjing for) then I woke up with her almost knocking me off the bed
and then I woke up and she was one my legs and they were numb and I was half way off the bed, and also blue and stormie joined at the bottom of the bed on my feet, so I woke up so crazily by the cats taken over my bed and pushing me out

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Its them plus my dogs!!
They all make me sleep weird.
luckily the dogs dont sleep in my room they rather sleep in my moms room and because they are so big i dont think theyd fit
but cocoa waits in the hall til my dad goes to work and opens the door so he can go in there and sleep
but for the most part they have so many huge pillows to sleep on and well our recliner is Cocoas recliner

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm not much, it was kinda hard when itta was here with her 2, that made 4 what wanted in the bed.

heyu normaly sleep on the edge about the middle of the bed, and eazy like to sleep right next to my head or under my arm.
if i roll to a different side he will meow, and move to that side also.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do! my cats have me pressed up against the wall every night the little, yet major big bed hogs.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always have at least three cats on the bed at night.I wake up sometimes and my hips and back ache because they have been laying on my legs and I haven't been able to change postions at all for hours! Flame my 14 pound Persian likes to come up and lay across my neck! When this happens I often have dreams that I'm in the desert in one of those wind storms with the sand blowing in my face and I can't get a good breath of air! That happens every few months and its beacuse hes choking me almost with his weight...

hyacinthbucket

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hee, great thread! My hubby says that Ebony sounds like a 500 pound man snoring in bed next to us.

Her snoring does not bother me that much, but I have found that she loves to stretch out and forces myself and hubby to the extreme edges of the bed. Wouldn't have it any other way though!

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats usually don't like to sleep with me because I move too much.
But sometimes one will sleep by my feet and I will be afraid to move so I don't scare them off.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats have learned to sleep at the foot of the bed or get kicked off or rolled over onto during the night.

Someone here had posted a picture with a really bent looking stick figure drawn into where they sleep around the cats, LOL. That was the funniest image I've seen in such a long time!!!!

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My husband works midnight shifts so when I go to bed, I take his side because mine is already taken over by the cats before I get to bed. LOL If he happens to be home, they all gang up on me because he moves too much. I get, literally, covered in cats and wake up sore all over. One night I was pushed right off the bed by Ramsey.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Colin and I sleep like a pair of contortionists because both our huge dogs and kojak sleep in the bed with us

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The answers to this poll totally crack me up. 3 out of 5 categories are at 0%. Seems like most of us just accept our roll in life as slave to cats. The other 10% don't have cats sleeping with them by the cats' choice.

I answered "The cats own the bed". However there are a few nights in the heat of summer when they stick to one spot down at the foot of the bed. I guess it's too hot to get close. Unfortunately, these nights aren't my best sleeps either (which you would hope that they would be) because the temp. of the summer night is way too hot!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

What encouraged me to make this thread is how I sleep, Bella climbs under the covers with me and I have to have my one arm out like i am cuddleing her and she curls up and puts her front paws and her head on my arm
This is how lexi sleeps with me....of course I got her a nice plush bed which is really for multiple cats and it was on the floor, but the other cats started to pick on her, so I moved her bed ON TOP of mine....well, now it seems a permanent fixture

So if she isn't sleeping with me under the covers...she's in her bed and I only have a twin mattress...well..my feet can only go to one side of the bed...lol She is sooooo spoiled!

firsttimeowner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my cat insist on sleeping near my face but i usaly sleep with covers over my head i can feel her going back and forth like she is looking for my face lol

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hyacinthbucket

Hee, great thread! My hubby says that Ebony sounds like a 500 pound man snoring in bed next to us.

Her snoring does not bother me that much, but I have found that she loves to stretch out and forces myself and hubby to the extreme edges of the bed. Wouldn't have it any other way though!
That made me chuckle hehe.

I actually had to get out of bed tonight because squeekers insisted on pushing me off the bed. NOw it's 4:30 am and I can't sleep LOL....that doesn't happen very often though because if I'm up, he follows me everywhere I go

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't sleep weird at all...Trout adapts to my body shape in the bed..I just do whatever and she either takes off because she is not impressed, or she will cram herself wherever she fits

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to do all sorts of yoga to fit on the bed between Stanley wrapped around my knees and Bella somewhere up above...I think I may get some relief soon, the last few nights have been slightly warmer and I noticed that I am not the attraction I once was. They have settled into the space between my side and hubby's.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats don't sleep with me that often. If they do they are usually sleeping on my feet, where my legs are bent, or inbetween my legs. Usually I wake up with Gordy massaging my butt.

But Mia sleeps with me every night. Her old owners got her used to sleeping on the bed, under the covers. This is a hard habit to break, and because she's a hairless dog, I feel bad for her and let her sleep under there anyway.

But when I have her and a cat (or few), it gets a bit crowded on a single bed.

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, only my rexes, Zander and Grasshopper, sleep with me. They have staked out and taken over the prized snuggle spots next to Mommy. Plus they have their favorite spots on me that maximizes the warmth factor. But for smaller cats they seem to take up an awful lot of room.

Tricia