My sons asthma

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man oh man!! He is totally having problems with it today!! I feel so sorry for him. He couldnt even breathe tonite, my mom listened to his lungs for me and she said they are awful!! Looks like we may have a ER visit or early Dr appt.

Please keep him in your thoughts/prayers.

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes, that's no good. Sorry for you and your little guy. I guess you'll just have to keep that aspirator handy and hope for the best. Have you tried caffeine? I've heard it can help with brochodilation.....

I hope you won't have to visit the ER!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

Vibes and prayers for your son. Not being able to breathe is scary.
Yes, it is!! I felt so bad for him this evening, he was getting mad because he couldnt quit coughing
And his head hurts....

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww... poor baby!
I hope he doesn't need any steroids and can get better soon!

Be careful with caffeine, if he's on albuterol or one of the other stimulant-type asthma medicines they can have bad interactions in children depending on how well he tolerates his medicine (as they're in the same class of drugs and have similar effects on the nervous system... which is why caffeine works but can contribute to overdose-like effects in used at the same time)

I don't remember what life is like without asthma, but I sure hope your son gets to know very soon! He'll be in my thoughts. Do you have him sleep with his head propped way up?

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
u guys are in my thoughts and prayers
I hope he is feeling better soon....i am sending lots of healing vibes ur way

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll keep your son in my prayers
I'm sorry he's not doing well. I've had asthma since i was a child as well- ask your sons doctor about albuterol or preventol respules- they might be easier for him to take and help manage his asthma. Also- singulair and advair have worked wonders for my asthama!!! Maybe ask about those for him?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I'll keep your son in my prayers
I'm sorry he's not doing well. I've had asthma since i was a child as well- ask your sons doctor about albuterol or preventol respules- they might be easier for him to take and help manage his asthma. Also- singulair and advair have worked wonders for my asthama!!! Maybe ask about those for him?
He takes Singulair and also the purple puffer(hehe, thats our name for it) advair diskus. He just has these BAD flare ups usualy in spring time~poor kid.