Boooo to allergies...

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For almost a week now my allergies have been driving me nuts! It started out with headaches for more than a week, went to a sore throat from the nasty junk going down my throat, and has now devolved to a horrid cough and ears so plugged up I can hardly hear at all.
Does anyone else get them this bad? This is the worst I've ever had it!

I ended up seeing the doctor on campus today because they're closing soon for spring break, and I'm worried about getting an ear infection from them being plugged up for so long. So now I'm armed with three different prescriptions - two to take now and antibiotics in case I need them later in the week. Would my fellow allergy-sufferers like to share some vibes that the pollen will go away soon?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you get better soon! Im sure mine will be flaring up before too long.
I actually have kinda felt like I was getting a cold the last few days....are ya sure thats not what yours is??

Mine are REALLY bad in Aug/Sept!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, there are a lot of colds going around right now, but somehow, I can tell its all allergies. It just doens't "feel" like a cold, if that makes any sense.
I've definatley gotten the plugged up ears from allergies before - just never for this long. The cars around here are yellow with pollen - I think the flowers are convinced its spring with the warmer weather.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

For almost a week now my allergies have been driving me nuts! It started out with headaches for more than a week, went to a sore throat from the nasty junk going down my throat, and has now devolved to a horrid cough and ears so plugged up I can hardly hear at all.
Does anyone else get them this bad? This is the worst I've ever had it!

you sound like me for the last month, right now i have like three differnt drugs. sitting here to try and loosen up my sinus and chest, i dont think i have ever been this bad before

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe the flowers are different this year! Mucinex (guafenisin) is woooonderful for loosening up nasty things in your chest.