Borat...

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So I rented the movie Borat from the redbox today and my bf and I watched it (he fell asleep during it) and I gotta say it was stupid!!!!!
I thought so atleast. Every one that I know that saw it, said it was a funny movie, I just thought it was dumb and a waste of $1.08
Anybody else seen it and have any opinions about it?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
all i can say is that i only watched the first 20 min of it, and gave the DVD back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

all i can say is that i only watched the first 20 min of it, and gave the DVD back.
hahahaha i wouldnt recommend it to anyone!!

themanxcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I watched it all... it was funny but mostly stupid. The naked wrestling on the bed was really nasty! lol...
My husband got to that part but had to turn it off..(it must have been the balls in the face thing..lol)

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it was very very funny. But it is a matter of taste. I'm mostly just shocked that you were able to rent a movie for $1.08!

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by themanxcatlady

I watched it all... it was funny but mostly stupid. The naked wrestling on the bed was really nasty! lol...
My husband got to that part but had to turn it off..(it must have been the balls in the face thing..lol)
yea that part was pretty gross!!!
you couldnt pay me enough to do something like that!!! "No hand party"

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leli

I thought it was very very funny. But it is a matter of taste. I'm mostly just shocked that you were able to rent a movie for $1.08!
Yea you rent it for the night, and you have to return it the next day by 7 pm, its pretty cool heres a link about them:
http://www.redbox.com/
maybe they will have one in your area, you never heard of it?

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittyprincess

Yea you rent it for the night, and you have to return it the next day by 7 pm, its pretty cool heres a link about them:
http://www.redbox.com/
maybe they will have one in your area, you never heard of it?
Nope, but I'll check it out. It's about $7 to rent a new movie around here.

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leli

Nope, but I'll check it out. It's about $7 to rent a new movie around here.
at a movie store right? this is literally a red box that has a bunch of dvd's in it, I work at a grocery store and its next to the scratch off machine, i hope they have one in your area, you can only rent if you have a debit or credit card tho

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my brother watched it and he liked it...me on the other hand didnt care to watch it, it just looks real stupid IMO !!!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have you seen the Ali G show? There's an American HBO version and an British version. My friend got a bootlegged copy of the british one a few years back. I must admit it was often hilarious. There's a meeting with Donald Trump (could be the HBO version) that is beyond funny. It involves him trying to sell the idea of an ice cream glove to Donald. So funny, as at the time Donald has no idea that Ali G is faking it.

Because I've seen a bunch of Ali G at his finest, I was somewhat prepped for Borat. I agree that it was really really dumb and disgusting and in horrible taste. However, I had quite a few laughs.

Definetly not the taste of everyone. If you do want to watch it, I'd recommend watching a bit of Ali G show first.

My parents asked me the other day if I thought that they may enjoy it. Initially, I said No way. However... my mom did get a few laughs from Spinal Tap. So my response was that they are only allowed to watch it if they are with me. They may get more into it if they see me laughing. If I'm not there, there is no doubt that they wouldn't get past 15 minutes.

It's really an immature movie on many levels. But on the other hand it pokes fun at North American culture.

Not your average comedy, that's for sure.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
it was stupid, gross, in bad taste.... but absolutely hilarious as well! I was dying laughing when he invited the hooker to that little sounthern dinner party
the really funny thing is that all those people in the movie thought "Borat" was real, they had no idea Sasha Cohen was faking the whole thing

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought that movie was hilarious. I bought it the day it came out. The bonus footage is sooo funny with the cheese.