Stoli got out!!!!!!!!!!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
but is home again!

I tell you, this has to have been the MOST stressful day in a long time for me. first DH had some major back issues all night and today and 'contemplated' going to the ER. So, I took the day off to make sure he could get to the doctor/hospital.....

well, i ended up not REALLY needing to take the day off, but I didn't want DH to have to call up his 'mommy' if he needed help.....

THEN

it was so nice and i was home so i thought it would be nice to take stoli out for a little walk. we were out for about 3 minutes and something spooked him, water on the walk, snow i don't know but he got out of his jacket and ran away. i couldn't tempt him with treats or food. i finally opened the door and called and called and called and he trotted right in. he kept running away from me - he wouldn't let me near him. thank GOD he knew where home was.

so, i felt like i made two wrong decisions all day, i've been off my zoloft for a while and I am feeling a bit like I wish i was still on it.....i'm a wreck.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need a hug and a cup of tea, or coffee, or whatever you prefer.

What matters, is that Stoli is now safe and home with you.

And if you think it will help significantly, try to get back on your Zoloft...it may be the trick to feeling more "together" and less overwhelmed with the daily stuff.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yikes! I'm glad Stoli is home safe and sound! And I hope your DH gets to feeling better. He's like the 4th or 5th person I know of having back issues lately. (myself included)

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank goodness Stoli is back safe and sound. Similiar thing happened with me and Natasha. I was taking her to the vet and the carrier I had just gotten and put together fell apart. She was totally freaked out, I finally got her cornered in an alleyway by my apartment and had to scruff her to get back into the carrier.

I live in a busy traffic area and I thought I was going to witness her getting hit by car. Scariest day ever.

Don't blame yourself, things happen-at least she felt secure enough to find her way home.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad that Stoli knew where home was and is safe. I am sending healing <<vibes>> for you and your husband right now..

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a stressful day! I'm glad Stoli is home and safe.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh hun - how stressful
Originally Posted by Renovia

but is home again!

so, i felt like i made two wrong decisions all day, i've been off my zoloft for a while and I am feeling a bit like I wish i was still on it.....i'm a wreck.
But dontcha know...that's what Ativan's for, LOL!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad Stoli is home safe.
My older sister was on Zoloft. When they took her off it, she had a panick attack & some other issues. Zoloft affected her in a good way when she was on it, but it was one of the most difficult "withdrawls" she has ever been through in terms of depression meds. She literally could not get herself out of bed one morning, then 3 hours later she was bouncing off the walls. It did weird things to her. I hope it goes better for you!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I'm glad Stoli is home safe.
My older sister was on Zoloft. When they took her off it, she had a panick attack & some other issues. Zoloft affected her in a good way when she was on it, but it was one of the most difficult "withdrawls" she has ever been through in terms of depression meds. She literally could not get herself out of bed one morning, then 3 hours later she was bouncing off the walls. It did weird things to her. I hope it goes better for you!
Zoloft is very difficult to come off of. I was extremely dizzy one time when I quit. Like turn your head and the room spins.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a nightmare that must have been
I feel sick just thinking about it!.

I'm having second thoughts about taking Rosie and Sophie out in the garden now in the summer, even though they have a harness

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hi guys, thanks so much for your input in regards to the zoloft. stoli is fine and i'm still uptight. i have nightmares and stuff.....ugh.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
on a little side note. . . . i feel a little 'ashamed' that i'm contemplating going back on zoloft. . . . . i don't know why - just a perception i have of myself....like i can't control my feelings or that i'm unhappy for some reason..

could i just need it biologically or is there something really wrong with me and my life?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey, don't be ashamed!. Where would most of us be without the wonders of medication. You've had a shock to your system after whats happend. Like i said earlier just thinking about one of my two escaping like that made me feel sick