The top of my pot is stuck!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
On top of my pot! With half my dinner in it!

I have those nifty pots that come with a drain in the lid for making pasta and what-not. Well I know it's been getting harder to get off and DH has had to get it for me a few times, so I just don't turn it all the way.... Well I guess I went too far because I absolutely can't get it off! And DH is still at work!

I'm making pasta salad and I wanted it to have time to cool and what not in the fridge before dinner....guess I'm gonna have to wait on that now!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oops - I have a couple of those pots too! Sometimes they're a pain in the butt to get the lid off. I find if I take a dish towel and twist it, sometimes it will come off!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Dang!! When will DH get home?
Well he just left from his lunch break (takes it reallly late! because we don't live near his route) and he had one more stop to do....I'm thinking probably not till 7... :-(
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Oops - I have a couple of those pots too! Sometimes they're a pain in the butt to get the lid off. I find if I take a dish towel and twist it, sometimes it will come off!
I'm gonna have to try the towel. I tried drying the steam off and getting a really good stance and just putting my whole self into it. That didn't work either!
Maybe I'll try the rubber grippy things for opening jars and stuff.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes! That would really make me mad! Put all your anger into opening that darn thing! (just don't spill it all over when you get it open!
)

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
use a screwdriver for leverage - like you're opening a can of paint.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok the towel method worked after a minute or 2 of trying with that. I was about to start beating the thing on the floor!