Grrrr...(quick rant)

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seriously do not understand why people call me for support if they aren't going to listen to me or allow me on their computer!!!!

I just lost an hour of my precious time that I will never get back again - for nada!

This all goes along with the self-diagnosing thing in the IMO section. If you don't work in IT then you can't tell me how to do my job!!!

OK done - it's 5pm...I'm outta here!~

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ewwwww, work sucks sometimes.

Its like when people scream at me because their insurance goes up...Because I AM IN CHARGE of the premiums in Ontario.

Did you grab some wine tonight yet?

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Its like when people scream at me because their insurance goes up...Because I AM IN CHARGE of the premiums in Ontario.

Aren't you? I thought you were!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well I stopped at Borders on my way to class and was browsing through some of the computer/hacking/forensics books. I knew there was someone behind me, but didn't pay much attention

Until I turned around and saw the guy was staring at me. He had the typical computer geek look on his face that said "You're looking at hacking and forensics and..and...YOUR A GIRL!!!"

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I feel this. I represent the carriers who make the premiums go up. And then I hear about it from the insureds as I am the middle man. Well don't fire all your employees when they are hurt and you won't have to pay them benefits, doh!

I also got yelled at for a project i DID NOT DO today so I am going to vent right here with you all for that.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I'm suposed to KNOW the CURE for CANCER and know why the government isn't releasing it to the public... Yeah... right. Oh and I am suposed to know the compleet medical history of all clients calling even if they have never called before. Somtimes I'm on the phone with somone and feel as if my head will explode.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol it can be a little hair pulling sometime, hehe why do you think i ran out.

How about the presdent of the company having email issues, i ask for his IP address so i can go look, and he said, well i have outlook up and i dont want you to see some of the mail.. So i told him what the first 4 new emails in his in box was. SLince from the other end of the phone, followed with,
how did you say to get my ip address

lol grr, i do both or i should say all three, network, pc servers, exchange servers.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that has to be agrivateing. I talk to the IT guys all the time because I work on a particularly "Anoying" program all the time it has "problems" at least once a month I never give the IT guys a hard time I know what they are dealing with and they know what I'm dealing with we feel eachother's pain

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

Well I'm suposed to KNOW the CURE for CANCER and know why the government isn't releasing it to the public... Yeah... right. Oh and I am suposed to know the compleet medical history of all clients calling even if they have never called before. Somtimes I'm on the phone with somone and feel as if my head will explode.
You mean you DON'T know the cure?!?!?

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Well I stopped at Borders on my way to class and was browsing through some of the computer/hacking/forensics books. I knew there was someone behind me, but didn't pay much attention

Until I turned around and saw the guy was staring at me. He had the typical computer geek look on his face that said "You're looking at hacking and forensics and..and...YOUR A GIRL!!!"
Well, he probably isn't used to being that close to a girl. You were scaring the poor guy. If you had actually talked to him he would have fainted or something.

(Hey, I'm a programmer, I'm allowed to kid about IT geeks.)

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I've been on both sides of the fence and don't enjoy either one. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with my mother helping her get her email. It took 15 minutes to figure out what application she was using and how she found out she had email.

But then I always have complicated problems so when I call into tech support, it is something they need to take care of (like fixing the Apache installation because they don't want me to have admin privileges on the server). I always know more about the problem than anyone I talk to. Once I had a problem where the network and an old Solaris machine were having issues. A lot of people were having the problem and I had to reopen the ticket several times because they never fixed the problem. The tech support guy told me to reboot my machine to fix it even after I told him several times that a number of people were having the problem.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I've been on both sides of the fence and don't enjoy either one. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with my mother helping her get her email. It took 15 minutes to figure out what application she was using and how she found out she had email.

But then I always have complicated problems so when I call into tech support, it is something they need to take care of (like fixing the Apache installation because they don't want me to have admin privileges on the server). I always know more about the problem than anyone I talk to. Once I had a problem where the network and an old Solaris machine were having issues. A lot of people were having the problem and I had to reopen the ticket several times because they never fixed the problem. The tech support guy told me to reboot my machine to fix it even after I told him several times that a number of people were having the problem.
Just tell them you've already rebooted. When I have to call IBM or Dell support I "pretend" I'm doing the basic stuff they tell me because I've already done it (duh! If I'm in IT I already know to reboot...if that doesn't work THEN call)

Thanks everyone! I'm not at home with some hyper-oh-so-happy-to-see-me cats and a bottle of Hoegaarden.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Thanks everyone! I'm not at home with some hyper-oh-so-happy-to-see-me cats and a bottle of Hoegaarden.
Sounds like heaven......

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a 411 Operator and even I get people telling me how to do my job so I know how you feel. It's hard when you can't tell a customer "I am the one with the training who does the job day in and day out, so I should know how to do something/whether or not something will work" etc..

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work in Customer Service for DirecTv, and we just had a rate hike of 3.00. I get calls all day long "YOU went up on my bill," like I personally picked out their account, and decided they needed to pay ME 3 more dollars. I wish I could do that. I could use 3.00 x million customers.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I work in Customer Service for DirecTv, and we just had a rate hike of 3.00. I get calls all day long "YOU went up on my bill," like I personally picked out their account, and decided they needed to pay ME 3 more dollars. I wish I could do that. I could use 3.00 x million customers.
Yeah I get that alot too, especially from T-Mobile customers. I work for Verizon but we handle other carries too, and they pay I think $1.75 per call, which to me is an ungodly amount for a phone number. They act like I'm pocketing the money.

One of the things I wish I could do, is send a bill to some of my customers who don't know what company they have for oil, electric, phone (for those who don't have us as their main carrier) and say "I don't know I just write out a check!" Well then I could just send them a bill and they won't think anything of it