Ordering Online

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I order something online and I see they offer next day delivery, I imagine they will actually ship it out that day (within reason) and it will be with me by the next day, or at worst case the day after. Why else would you pay $30 extra on shipping?

I ordered software from a company I've never used before on the morning of Friday, the 2nd. I selected and paid for Overnight with Saturday delivery. I check the status that evening and it says "Processing". By last Tuesday they moved it to the status of "In Warehouse" and it's been there since then! What's the point of overnight shipping if it's gonna take 2 weeks to get it out of their place?

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would definitely call and complain about that. You should definitely get the money back that you paid for overnight shipping, since it was not actually shipped overnight.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Overnight shipping means that when they finally ship it to you, it'll get to you the next day. It applies to the courier only and not the place that is shipping it, so you can't hold them at fault. You're paying for the courier to get it to you in one day, not for the shipper to get it out the door and to you in one day.

I don't usually use overnight shipping, but I'd say that even if it takes 2 days or so to get out of the warehouse and actually ship, it still means that you'd have the item sooner than if you went with standard shipping.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Overnight and nextday are really a ripoff, when given the choice you might as well go with 3-5 day since that's usually how long it takes no matter what.
That said, I have to use it for my insect orders, but the company is good. When they say next day they darn well mean it.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

Overnight shipping means that when they finally ship it to you, it'll get to you the next day. It applies to the courier only and not the place that is shipping it, so you can't hold them at fault. You're paying for the courier to get it to you in one day, not for the shipper to get it out the door and to you in one day.

I don't usually use overnight shipping, but I'd say that even if it takes 2 days or so to get out of the warehouse and actually ship, it still means that you'd have the item sooner than if you went with standard shipping.
Yes, exactly.

Also, it's possible that they didn't have the product in stock at the time of the order and "in warehouse" meant that the order arrived there and was getting ready to be shipped out.

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I dont even want to think about ordering online!! I ordered from daydeal.com I think it is, and I ordered a hot pink cell phone case back in December!!!!!!! I have emailed them a million times!!! and called a million and one times, they keep saying they will ship out a new one but its march 12?? and I still dont have it!!!
ugh I will never order from them again!!!!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything can happen when you order something online from the product not being in stock even though it says it is, to it being in stock but they take forever processing it, to the delivery company losing the package (DHL lost a whole drumset for me once).

Overnight and Next Day is a rip off considering the amount it costs, even though you do get it faster. If it's going to take them 2 days to ship it, and 5 days for it to be delivered, you'd get it in 3 days instead of 7. It just depends on how willing you are to wait.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittyprincess

I dont even want to think about ordering online!! I ordered from daydeal.com I think it is, and I ordered a hot pink cell phone case back in December!!!!!!! I have emailed them a million times!!! and called a million and one times, they keep saying they will ship out a new one but its march 12?? and I still dont have it!!!
ugh I will never order from them again!!!!
Wow... thats horrible! I'd be so mad if they did that to me, AND took my money!

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
UGH!!
I HATE it when something like that happens....just like you said: if its not actually going to show up in a couple of days, dont display the shipping like it will!
Good luck getting your package eventually!