TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Oh man... my first migraine of the year.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oh man... my first migraine of the year.

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Why oh why do I have to be at work today? When it goes from winter to spring my head tries to explode, and I get a huge migraine. I only have to work for another hour before I can go home. Can I get some vibes that I don't throw up?
post #2 of 16
There are approximately 27 different causes for migraines.

What is your blood type, and what is your diet like?
post #3 of 16
Sorry to hear about this sweetie. I hope you feel so much better soon! I've never, ever had a migraine...but I get tension headaches several times a week...(every day for the last 3 days so far this week)...those are no fun at all either I'll tell ya.

Sending lots & lots of good thoughts your way...

Hilda>^..^<
post #4 of 16
Sending you some vibes that you don't get sick and make it home ok!
post #5 of 16
Lots of feel better vibes. And no throwing up vibes too.
post #6 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
There are approximately 27 different causes for migraines.

What is your blood type, and what is your diet like?
O Neg... and Whole Food.
post #7 of 16
hope you make it home without doing that.
now i am going back to bed after waking up with a coughing fit
post #8 of 16
Thread Starter 
OMG I feel better. I cracked my neck, took some meds, and took a nap. Now I just have to take it easy for a few hours and this should pass. Thanks for the vibes everyone.
post #9 of 16
Glad you're feeling better Heather
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
O Neg... and Whole Food.
The ideal diet for you (and one that would help eliminate your migraines) is a diet based on meat, vegetables and fruit. Type O's do best on little to no grain/corn/dairy products.

Nice to hear you are feeling better.
post #11 of 16
Yikes! I get migraines when the seasons change too. Esp winter to spring, but also fall to winter. I feel for ya! My head was doing that about 2 weeks ago and it was not one bit of fun!
post #12 of 16
Change in the atmospheric pressure will sometimes bring on migraines. I know they're not fun - I get them too! I find if I get my medication into me as soon as the "light show" starts, I can usually ward them off. Not always, though! Hope you feel better soon!
post #13 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LokisMum View Post
Change in the atmospheric pressure will sometimes bring on migraines. I know they're not fun - I get them too! I find if I get my medication into me as soon as the "light show" starts, I can usually ward them off. Not always, though! Hope you feel better soon!
The meds I take make me loopy and disconnected. It's almost impossible to work when I take them.

I've found that most of mine start in my neck and move up, so I've learned to crack my neck first to relieve some pressure.

It's nice that DH is home today so he can cook dinner.
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
OMG I feel better. I cracked my neck, took some meds, and took a nap. Now I just have to take it easy for a few hours and this should pass. Thanks for the vibes everyone.
Glad your feeling better sweetie.
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
The meds I take make me loopy and disconnected. It's almost impossible to work when I take them.

I've found that most of mine start in my neck and move up, so I've learned to crack my neck first to relieve some pressure.

It's nice that DH is home today so he can cook dinner.
That's good! They come in handy sometimes, don't they!

I don't go for the big guns (Imitrex) until I'm a couple of hours into a migraine. Quite often, if I get some extra strength Tylenol into me within the first 15 minutes, I don't need the Imitrex. And of course, if they really get ahold of you, there's always the Demerol shots, which I absolutely hate because they really make me woozy!
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
Why oh why do I have to be at work today? When it goes from winter to spring my head tries to explode, and I get a huge migraine. I only have to work for another hour before I can go home. Can I get some vibes that I don't throw up?
Sending lots of healthy vibes for ya. I know it's hard =( Get plenty of rest and don't think about killing anyone, that just makes it worse lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Oh man... my first migraine of the year.