Lucy Ate Today

python

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lucy ate today for the first time in a week and she purred so loudly. It was wonderful to see her eating and purring but she still has a long way to go and things could still go either way at the moment. She ate about half a sachet of Whiskas Senior and was munching so hard she was grinding her teeth. She's still sniffing and sneezing, still hiding under the bed. She's getting fiestier in taking her medication now which, with Lucy is always a good sign. I just hope she can keep it up. Fingers crossed.

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Python

Lucy ate today for the first time in a week and she purred so loudly. It was wonderful to see her eating and purring but she still has a long way to go and things could still go either way at the moment. She ate about half a sachet of Whiskas Senior and was munching so hard she was grinding her teeth. She's still sniffing and sneezing, still hiding under the bed. She's getting fiestier in taking her medication now which, with Lucy is always a good sign. I just hope she can keep it up. Fingers crossed.
Here's hoping that this is a great sign of even better things to come for Lucy. Keep getting well Lucy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

python

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My husband went up to bed about 10 minutes before I did last night. When he went into our bedroom, there was Lucy sitting by her (now empty) foodbowl miaowing for food
She was tucking in for all she was worth. When we gave her her antibiotic medication shortly after, she spat at me. Sure sign she is definitely feeling better.

This morning she came out from under the bed, stretched, miaowed at me, started purring then went to her food bowl. I came home from work about an hour ago and went straight up to see Lucy. She came out and demanded food again. After she'd eaten she jumped up on the bed (the first time she's done that for over a week), then jumped down and went back under the bed but I was watching her in the wardrobe mirror and she was washing her face. A very good sign indeed. She was supposed to go to the vets at 5.10pm tonight but I've cancelled that appointment and rebooked it for Friday afternoon as she is making such good progress now I don't want to upset her by taking her out into the cold or stressing her out at the vets which could set her back. I've got enough antibiotics to last her till at least the weekend. Our vet's nurse was delighted at her progress and has told us just to bring her in if anything untoward happens.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she is on the mend. Certainly, her miaow is not hoarse now and sounds normal although she is still sniffing a bit and occasionally sneezing.