What is your favourite childrens TV programme?

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I wanted to start a thread about 'Shaun the Sheep' (my current avatar) an Aardman animation for children but then I discovered that though it is shown around Europe and in both Israel and Australia it is not yet shown in America

Basically it is based on the sheep character in the Wallace & Gromit film A Close Shave and it shows him at home on the farm having various adventures. Anyone who has seen Pingu will know that the comparison is good though Shaun is a lot funnier

You can see clips and play games at http://www.shaunthesheep.com/

So does anybody-else have a favourite cartoon or childrens programme?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm I guess Dragon Tales. We only get regular free channels no cable so that is all I watch.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

Well I wanted to start a thread about 'Shaun the Sheep' (my current avatar) an Aardman animation for children but then I discovered that though it is shown around Europe and in both Israel and Australia it is not yet shown in America

Basically it is based on the sheep character in the Wallace & Gromit film A Close Shave and it shows him at home on the farm having various adventures. Anyone who has seen Pingu will know that the comparison is good though Shaun is a lot funnier

You can see clips and play games at http://www.shaunthesheep.com/

So does anybody-else have a favourite cartoon or childrens programme?
I've seen Wallace & Gromit before! I love Shaun! He looks so cold before they put that little sweater on him.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Spongebob Squarepants!
Right on! My wife and I are addicted to Spongebob, and the fact that it's on about 200 times a day doesn't help anything. It's so bad sometimes I slip and call Reeses, Gary..

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

Right on! My wife and I are addicted to Spongebob, and the fact that it's on about 200 times a day doesn't help anything. It's so bad sometimes I slip and call Reeses, Gary..
Gary! Meow!

I like SpongeBob as well, and when I was with my ex and his daughter was over, I watched Fairly Odd Parents, Arnold, and that one where they're surfers, I can't remember the name right now

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't relly watch any kids shows unless my sister has control of the remote. Then it's usually 6teen, Raven, Suite Life with Zack and Cody, Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends, or Zoe 101

I'd have to say, my favorite is Fosters.

Clip. Funnyyyy. LOL

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Gary! Meow!

I like SpongeBob as well, and when I was with my ex and his daughter was over, I watched Fairly Odd Parents, Arnold, and that one where they're surfers, I can't remember the name right now
I love Fairly Odd Parents!
And... I love Gary too!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spongebob rules!!
My son watches that~my daughter likes the usual, Dora the explorer, Diego(Doras cousin), Backyardigans........these are all cute childrens shows.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winnie the Pooh, Sagwa the Siamese Kitten, The Berenstain Bears, The Rugrats, CatDog, Hey Arnold

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

UK highjack do you remember Fingerbobs

I always liked Bagpuss
http://www.smallfilms.co.uk/bagpuss/intro.htm
Yes I remember fingerbobs!
If I hear the beginning of the intro to Bagpuss (ding.......dong.......ding........ da ding... dong... ding.... da ding... dong.. ding.... dong.. ding.. dong.... ding etc) I actually well up, it hits me somewhere deep inside emotionally!

Bagpuss, dear Bagpuss
Old fat furry cat-puss
Wake up and look at this thing that I bring
Wake up, be bright
Be golden and light
Bagpuss, Oh hear what I sing

I also loved the Clangers and the Magic Roundabout

Nothing modern from me, I don't tend to be that engaged by children's tv these days!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

The Berenstain Bears, The Rugrats
Love those two, along with Little Bear and Franklin.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My kids LOVED Spongebob, Fairly Oddparents etc.

Then they got tired of them and started watching the Disney Channel ones.
They like the Zac and Cody one (oldest says it's because they're SO cute)
That's so Raven, and Hannah Montana (youngest had to have her CD for her birthday).

I don't mind most of the ones on Disney. Nickelodeon though- I could do without. For example- Zoey 101- ok the ONLY reason the girl that plays the main charactor even got her own show is because she has a VERY famous sister (it's Britney Spear's younger sister- and she's not a very good actress)

The only show that my kids watch on that channel is Ned's Declassified. That show is really, really funny- kind of like how you would want your middle school run.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Love those two, along with Little Bear and Franklin.
Awww Little Bear, Franklin. My girls loved Franklin. They loved the old Blue's Clue's that had Steve in them (now you know I'm old
)

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sucha little kid

Tiny Planets (Bing and Bong), there's this one that ive seen a fw times, but it wasnt on the tv guide, there's a duck with a green hat, a pink elephant with a backpack and a little boy (im so simple lol) it's really cute. I just dont remember the name. I love anything Hensen, especially bear & the big blue house.

Hrm i need to be an adult lol