Help! There's dried snot on the couch! How do i get it off! Uhhh Kojak and his nose!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uhhh a moment ago i was vaccuming the house when i noticed that the recliner had a section of dried snot on there
That's just gross! He must have sneezed on there earlier today when i was out.
I swear! I should call him "slimer"! Anyways- so how do i get that stuff off of there?? It's a blue cloth recliner. I tried several different cleaners and still can't get it off. I'd like to get it off of there before Colin notices. Thanks guys!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww...I'm sorry!
Poor baby...have you tried windex? In My Big Fat Greek wedding the father used it on everything! lol Just kidding...I'm not sure what you could use...maybe some dawn detergent? Wish I could help you out more.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's not coming off with water and a washrag, I'm betting it's not snot (tee hee
). Try putting a moist washcloth on it and letting it "soak" for a little while- it should come right off if it's snot

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

well atleast it isn't human snot.
I know, I'm no help.
lol thanks for putting it into perspecitve krista

Originally Posted by Duchess15

Awwww...I'm sorry!
Poor baby...have you tried windex? In My Big Fat Greek wedding the father used it on everything! lol Just kidding...I'm not sure what you could use...maybe some dawn detergent? Wish I could help you out more.
actually, yeah i did try windex
the windex multi surface cleaner.
didn't work

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

If it's not coming off with water and a washrag, I'm betting it's not snot (tee hee
). Try putting a moist washcloth on it and letting it "soak" for a little while- it should come right off if it's snot
Oh it's DEFINITELY snot!
I'd recognize his bugars from a mile away
it's a meowmy thing i suppose

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In that case, soaking with a pretty moist cloth should work. Or, if the fabric nap can take it, try buffing it (not scrubbing it
) with a scrubrush (like you would use for the bathtub) when it's dry. Or try an enzyme cleaner if you have some on hand-maybe that will break it up if you let it sit for a few minutes.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I will have to try that!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My first suggestion was going to be 'pick then flick,' but then from your description #1 I don't think you'd do it! And #2 that its that kinda burgar anyway....