What a crappy day!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so last weekend we got the kids a giant trampoline for the yard.. it's the HUGE 15' one. We haven't had a chance to put it together until this morning. Well, as we are going out to put it together, the landlord calls and says she couldnt have us putting it up in the yard. We signed a waiver last week stating we wouldn't hold her liable if anyone got hurt on it. Well, apparently on Tuesday, she was informed they would cancel her policy if it was on her property! The confusing part is I just talked to her yesterday to ask if we could put it in the front yard so we could supervise the kids and she said yes

So why in the world didn't they say anything yesterday when I called? Why did they wait until today?

When I asked about the waiver she said that it's an "Attractive Nuisiance"(sp?) and other people could get hurt or could sneak in when we're not home and sue them.
When I told the kids they were heartbroken
They didn't even get to jump on it at all.
Sooooooo now I'm trying to get rid of it.
I also asked them about putting up a privacy fence and we'd pay for it. We have a 4ft chain link fence now. But they said no to that too....

Sooooooooo With the money I get for selling the trampoline, I'm going to get the kids a portable dvd player for in the truck.
Maybe it was a sign that one of them could have gotten hurt? I dunno... it just confuses me still

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! That sucks

I loved our trampoline when we had it at home....stupid landlords!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that your kids didn't get to jump on it, they will enjoy the dvd player in the vehicle though.

I am glad I didn't have to deal with landlords. Cause my daughter had one in our front yard. All of the neighborhood kids enjoyed it.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's all about insurance. It goes up or gets cancelled over things like trampolines and swimming pools.

Dang insurance people.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sheesh that stinks!

Maybe she didn't find out until that morning so that's why she didn't say anything.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

It's all about insurance. It goes up or gets cancelled over things like trampolines and swimming pools.

Dang insurance people.
Dang the dippy people who sue at the drop of the hat...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

sheesh that stinks!

Maybe she didn't find out until that morning so that's why she didn't say anything.
This all happened this morning and she told me she found out Tuesday morning...
And I even talked to them yesterday morning about putting it in the front yard to watch the kids and they never said a word

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that sucks, but i hate to say she the landlord could be right.
after all you see people who file law suits over there kids getting killed in pools. OF course the kid had to climb a fence and get in a pool that was not in there yard. and these people win grrrrr

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That does stink..she should have said something to you when she found out about the insurance. What about getting them one of the small trampolines that is used for exercise for inside the home? I know it is not the same as having the huge one in the yard, but my kids really enjoyed it.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I got the trampoline sold!
So I'm going to get them a portable DVD player. Any suggestions? I know I want one with dual screens so they won't fit over it..

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's unfortunate....with all the inactivity of children these days humphhh... well atleast you got it sold

We also own a portible dvd player because my parent's live 5.5 hours away (used to be 8) and Dh's parents live 3 hours away, so it comes in handy.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kids have been through 2 trampolines the last one has just set in the yard almost brand new.They are to old to use it. But I left it because my cats love laying on it in the summer time.2 years ago my insurance agent called and said that we had to remove it. New changes in insurance policy they will not cover any home owners with trampolines.
If I did not remove it I would have to find a new insurance company. So many insurance companies will not cover homes with them in the yard. But she should of told you as soon as she found out!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gardenandcats

My kids have been through 2 trampolines the last one has just set in the yard almost brand new.They are to old to use it. But I left it because my cats love laying on it in the summer time.2 years ago my insurance agent called and said that we had to remove it. New changes in insurance policy they will not cover any home owners with trampolines.
If I did not remove it I would have to find a new insurance company. So many insurance companies will not cover homes with them in the yard. But she should of told you as soon as she found out!
That's what I'm hearing now.. It's unfortunate too... as said above, kids are so inactive nowdays. My son is slightly overweight and I was looking forward to him losing some of it with the trampoline.....

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's too bad. We don't have one here in the city, but in the summer when we visit Dh's parents often, he has one out there and he absolutely loves it. HE's also very careful though....he refuses to bounce with anyone else...because and I quote "will get a broked neck."
(He was 3 when he said that).

Is there any summer sports that you could register him in???? We have community association sports here, so they aren't that expensive to put kids in...it's not real competative but it's still physical activity.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That truly sucks Alycia!! I know our homeowners insurance is the same way, if I had a trampoline, they'd drop me in a heartbeat!
At least they'll enjoy the DVD player though!