ok my friend

victimofchanges

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A frined of mine as a male cat and female, he wants to wait until she is 1 and 1/2 to breed them and so keeps them apart. Hes says she is nine months and has not yet gone into her first heat so i was wondering if thats normal... thanks.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes its normal , but at this time of year it wont be to long before she does start calling. she could also have a slient heat cycle where there would be no signs of her being in heat. i have also heard that females do not need to be in heat to be mated. and if atall possible try and get him to spay and neuter and maybe foster a pregnant queen instead?
there are so many health benfits plus theres already so many kittens and cats who are looking for homes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

victimofchanges

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yea i know sorry to say it he wants to Males kittens, hes bred the male before but had to give away all the kittens cuz of his parents.

The silent thing is what i was wondering cuz she really doesnt make much noise normally but the male is always extremlly interested in her and always trying to call her off into corners.......

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unless your friend is a registered breeder he really shouldn't be breeding these cats.

At the very least, he should keep them separated until she's a bit older as he can and will get to her sooner than 1 1/2 yrs old.

victimofchanges

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
they are keep apart now and then when opening a door one will run out to the other but they are quickly put back to their spots. I agree that he shouldnt do it and have told him but he does not care to listen there for i have no place to stop him. Hes already got ppl wanting some kittens and working on, i dont wanna say contracts but thats what they are, saying that if they cant keep the kittens they will be returned or if he feels they are mistreated he can take them back. Hes going to have everyone that takes a cat sign these.......

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's great about contracts but what about adding spaying and neutering to that list? Is he going to neuter and spay his cats after this one or is he just going to keep on letting them breed?

victimofchanges

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hes going to spay and neuter both his and yes that is also going into the contracts hes even thinking of not giving the kittens up until after they are fixed.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by victimofchanges

Hes going to spay and neuter both his and yes that is also going into the contracts hes even thinking of not giving the kittens up until after they are fixed.
Tell him that is a really good idea. I fixed all my kittens and the mom.

I do have a ? is this male friend you talk about 18 years of age cause it does not sound like it. Also why breed cats just to give them away tell him no that breeders do it to improve the breed he is just making more cats.

What if the owners can not keep them they go back to him but yet again his parents said he could not keep the kittens before.

victimofchanges

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
he is 25 and living on his own now which is y hes able to keep them if they come back. and like i said the reason hes doing it is cuz he wants kittens from his male... hes not going to give em all away if any.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

he is 25 and living on his own now which is y hes able to keep them if they come back. and like i said the reason hes doing it is cuz he wants kittens from his male... hes not going to give em all away if any.
Well just dont take it wrong but here this site. We feel you only breed pure breed cats. He doesn't want it for the breed he wants to breed just to have a baby from his male cat. There can be alot that goes wrong. Financially is he prepared for that.

victimofchanges

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Isnt the point in breeding to have cats with good personallities that ppl like...?? the only people who can have pure breed cats are ppl with money what about those who dont have the money to pay for the love of a cat?? do they not deserve one?? i have no pure breed cats and i like it that way cuz you cant just go to a website and see 50 other cats that look and act exactly like mine. thats like saying your children should all be exactly the same. we dont go around looking for a guy with the perfect hair and teeth and nails to have kids with we look for some1 that makes you laugh and makes you happy.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was not trying to start a war here I was stating that breeding a cat does take work and money. If he has no clue the back ground of the cat there is a possability labor will be hard or something wrong with the kittens. It is all I was stating. Not trying to start a flame or feud.

victimofchanges

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes but i worked at an emergency vets office. pure breed cats also have lots of probs with birth. its a fact that we saw just as many of them as noraml cats. he has the money which i stated before and hes done this before which i also said. this isnt some whim he decided on hes been working to this point for some time.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Then Why Not Put The Money Towards Bettering A Breed? Instead Of Bringing More Moggys Into The World Where They Are So Many Looking For Homes Already. Im Not Saying This To Be Harsh Atall , We Just Trying To Understand.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Isnt the point in breeding to have cats with good personallities that ppl like...?? the only people who can have pure breed cats are ppl with money what about those who dont have the money to pay for the love of a cat?? do they not deserve one??
I thought the point of breeding was to keep a certain breed alive. Personalities are determined mostly by upbringing IMO. Anyone can have a purebred cat for not a lot of money by adopting one from a rescue or shelter. Just trying to answer your questions.

sully

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think ppl on here are making 2 many assumptions...sounds like he knows what hes doing with the contracts etc and if his friend is also interested enough to b on this site then the cats r in good hands. If the guy wants babies from his male and wants 2 keep them then its not a crime. Yes there is a population problem...but it isnt goin 2 stop by having a go at people and making them feel bad 4 coming on these forums 4 advice. I believe that the principle is the same with purebreed breeders beacuse there are purebreds in rescue centres, and why should it suddenly be acceptable just because a cat is purebred? the fact is that not all litters born from purebred cats 'better the breed' - they also just add 2 the numbers and alot of breeders do it as a hobby and for a living. so why are they never ostrocised like this. If we look at the principle here - the welfare of cats. Then what about breeders who kill kittens who dont come out 'right'? and what about 'bettering' the breed 2 the extent where breeds like persians actually suffer from the extreme shortening of their faces? there is alot of double standards in the most common opinion most people seem2 think they must adopt - if evry1 thinks 4 themselves then it is clear that pedigree breeders are also adding to problems thats just the way it is. So no point in argueing! also there are a lot more birth problems in purebreds because of larger heads etc. sometimes c sections r necessary

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i will not reply back on this thread as this could go on and on. and im sorry for going on. you came here for advise and thats it. again sorry.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just saying there is alot of cats in need of a great home and he sounds like he would be perfect to adopt one or 2 instead of making more. SOrry did not mean to upset you. You asked me a ? I tried the best I could to answer it and I said it was my own opinion.

sully

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
no it just seemed like the tone was gettin a bit harsh thats all...d only reason i posted was cos i just get frustrated when people think its ok 2 breed as long as the cats are purebreds....just doesnt all add up if u think about the concept...