Good Quality Cat Tree's

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're in the process of getting the boys a nice cat tree- we are going to Petsmart/Petco tomorrow, but theirs seems so high priced!
We need something sturdy, since Harley is so big, and I have a feeling Bayley will be too.

I know a lot of you use Armakat, and I've been searching that website as well.
I found this website today, and was wondering if anyone had ever heard of them, or has ever ordered from them? Their prices seem pretty reasonable for some decent trees.

I know some of you also have used Ebay, but I'm really kinda weary of that, and have never used Ebay before in my life!

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never heard of them, but I'm not in the States. I get my cat trees at Petcetera - don't know if they have it in US or not. They have fantastic prices on cat trees if you are a member (and the membership is free). The one I got the boys was only about $60???? I'm guessing, because I can't remember exactly, but it was in that range. Regular retail for non-members was $300 - THAT I do remember!

OMG - just noticed - you named your new baby Bayley! That's wonderful!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Never heard of them, but I'm not in the States. I get my cat trees at Petcetera - don't know if they have it in US or not. They have fantastic prices on cat trees if you are a member (and the membership is free). The one I got the boys was only about $60???? I'm guessing, because I can't remember exactly, but it was in that range. Regular retail for non-members was $300 - THAT I do remember!

OMG - just noticed - you named your new baby Bayley! That's wonderful!
We want something good, thats not going to be super spendy. I'm just afraid we'd spend over $100 on one, and them not like it

Something medium height.

I just found a Petcetera website for the US! I'm giong to check it out.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Look around for discount pet stores and pet warehouses near you. We found one that sold scratching posts and got this one for a little under $100:

It's super sturdy, the cats LOVE climbing all over it, are always playing on it, and the perches are a great size for them to lie in - they can sprawl out in a perch and watch out the window all day.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
do you have a Big Lots! store nearby? i've seen some medium height cat forts there for under $100 before. never bought one because of space reasons. but we did get a really sturdy 2 story condo at big lots. the guys really like it.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've purchased two different ones from drsfostersmith.com and I've been very happy with them. One is 7 years old, and besides the cat hair, still looks like new. The other one is nearly three years old and is in great shape too. I liked the selection, the price and the quality. I've had really good luck with their products and service. If you get their paper catalog, their trees and other furniture are often on sale.

I got the spiral penthouse http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produc...&N=2002+113198
and I also got the regular deluxe cat tree http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produc...&N=2002+113197
I also have two of these carpeted window perches http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produc...2002+2032+2010 and they're on sale on the website.

Cleo is 11 pounds and still fits quite nicely in both trees and perches...however, if Harley is much bigger than 11 pounds, or if you think Bayley will get real big, I'd recommend the mega size over the regular size.

Bayley is a cute name!

Pookie & the girls

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

We're in the process of getting the boys a nice cat tree- we are going to Petsmart/Petco tomorrow, but theirs seems so high priced!
We need something sturdy, since Harley is so big, and I have a feeling Bayley will be too.

I know a lot of you use Armakat, and I've been searching that website as well.
I found this website today, and was wondering if anyone had ever heard of them, or has ever ordered from them? Their prices seem pretty reasonable for some decent trees.

I know some of you also have used Ebay, but I'm really kinda weary of that, and have never used Ebay before in my life!

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Mackenzie....

About the website you posted a link to......all those cat trees on that site are made by Armarkat. You can see their little metal logo on all of those trees. I bought a medium sized one of theirs from their Ebay store before I decided to build the one I built for my cats. This is the one I got. http://cgi.ebay.com/MUST-L-K-Cat-Tre...QQcmdZViewItem

All of Armarkat's trees have this metal logo on them.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO they are in the same price range of ones in Petsmart/Petco. You have to watch the shipping costs (only SOME of the trees are free shipping). In most cases, after shipping costs, you'll probably be over Petsmart prices.

If you want one that will hold the weight of heavier cats or a really sturdy tree house, pick one with a SOLID base - not a base with a pole - get the ones with the solid box on the bottom - those will not tip over.

If you have a cat show locally that you can attend - you might do even better. I've gotten most of my tree houses from a cat show and saved money $50-100

We got a nice one, not too fancy - 2 shelves, and a round bed on top for $75 at Petco. Each shelf has 4 corners attached so its pretty sturdy for two cats.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Look around for discount pet stores and pet warehouses near you.
Totally agreed! I just got a cat tree this weekend at a local pet store that sells new & used pet supplies. I found they had a great selection of (all new) cat trees and scratching posts which were definitely within a reasonable price range. I'd just suggest you make sure the tree you buy has no sharp edges, because we did unfortunately find one that had a staple sticking out of it.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

We got a nice one, not too fancy - 2 shelves, and a round bed on top for $75 at Petco. Each shelf has 4 corners attached so its pretty sturdy for two cats.
Awesome! We have a Petco and Petsmart about 45 min. away, and we're headed there tomorrow. Hopefully we can find SOMETHING under $100, thats decent. We need more vertical space here for the boys.

Originally Posted by SophieC

Mackenzie....

About the website you posted a link to......all those cat trees on that site are made by Armarkat. You can see their little metal logo on all of those trees. I bought a medium sized one of theirs from their Ebay store before I decided to build the one I built for my cats. This is the one I got. http://cgi.ebay.com/MUST-L-K-Cat-Tre...QQcmdZViewItem

All of Armarkat's trees have this metal logo on them.
Wow! Your a smarty! Thanks for catching that!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Larueen pointed out the other day in a thread...Armarkat has cat trees on sale w/ free shipping! I like this one a lot...$89!! Otherwise, here is a list of their cat trees & they have all their sale ones listed with a blinky "SALE" sign!
I'm seriously considering order two of these....one for each floor/set of kitties!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ooo, everything is free shipping it seems. i want a bunch! but my current cat tree isn't broken......

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

ooo, everything is free shipping it seems. i want a bunch! but my current cat tree isn't broken......
I noticed the free shipping as well, thats what caught my eye. All of these sits you've all been posting are so great- we're headed to look at some tonight, and if I don't see any that we like, I'll be looking online for one for sure!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have purchased 2 amirakat trees before - both on ebay. My newest is about 6 1/2 feet tall and I purchased it for about $70 - which included shipping. I got it @ a "buy it now" price and paid $40, plus $30 s&h. The girls love it, and I got navy blue to go with my sofa! I especially like that it has sisal on the poles - they LOVE to stretch and scratch on that!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, everyone at Petsmart was SO expensive!!

So, I'm off to search for one online

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Look around for discount pet stores and pet warehouses near you. We found one that sold scratching posts and got this one for a little under $100:

It's super sturdy, the cats LOVE climbing all over it, are always playing on it, and the perches are a great size for them to lie in - they can sprawl out in a perch and watch out the window all day.
That is exactly the tree I want. Neutral colours, not too short, so they get a good view of the backyard. Lips on the perches and perches are a decent size for kitties 10lb+.