I made rocky road!

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got fed up with not being able to buy rocky road anywhere in my local town, so I made some! With dark and white chocolate marbled on the top.
Anybody want some?

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks delicious, can I please have one or two?

I can eat them for supper.

Please post the recipie here, I would love to make some of them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, you are all welcome to have some, but you better be quick, Michael (my fiance) has already had two slices!

OK, here goes:
Ingredients:
100g unsalted butter
25g cocoa powder, sieved
100g minature marshmallows
300g sweet plain biscuits, roughly broken (I used digestives)
50g glace cherries, rinsed & quartered (I left these out as we don't like cherries!)
50g plain chocolate
50g white chocolate

Line a 1kg loaf tin with foil or clingfilm, leaving 2.5cm hanging over the edges. Set aside.
Heat the butter, cocoa powder and marshmallows in a medium sized pan over a gentle heat until melted, stirring continuously to prevent the mixture from sticking.
Remove from heat and stir in the broken biscuits and cherries. Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin, pressing it down firmly and into the corners. Chill for about 2 hours or until firm then carefully turn out onto a serving plate and remove the foil or clingfilm.
Decorate the top by spooning on the melted white and plain chocolate and swirling them together with a skewer for a marbled look. Chill until chocolate is firm. Serve cut into slices.

Enjoy!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jessy

Thanks, you are all welcome to have some, but you better be quick, Michael (my fiance) has already had two slices!

OK, here goes:
Ingredients:
100g unsalted butter
25g cocoa powder, sieved
100g marshmallows
300g sweet plain biscuits, roughly broken (I used digestives)
50g glace cherries, rinsed & quartered (I left these out as we don't like cherries!)
50g plain chocolate
50g white chocolate

Line a 1kg loaf tin with foil or clingfilm, leaving 2.5cm hanging over the edges. Set aside.
Heat the butter, cocoa powder and marshmallows in a medium sized pan over a gentle heat until melted, stirring continuously to prevent the mixture from sticking.
Remove from heat and stir in the broken biscuits and cherries. Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin, pressing it down firmly and into the corners. Chill for about 2 hours or until firm then carefully turn out onto a serving plate and remove the foil or clingfilm.
Decorate the top by spooning on the melted white and plain chocolate and swirling them together with a skewer for a marbled look. Chill until chocolate is firm. Serve cut into slices.

Enjoy!
Thanks Jessy, but do you have the measurements for cup sizes, I don't know how to measure g/s

Also what are biscits that you refer to?

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have ounces, would that help? But no cup sizes, sorry. They are the kind of biscuits you would use to make a cheesecake base.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jessy

I have ounces, would that help? But no cup sizes, sorry. They are the kind of biscuits you would use to make a cheesecake base.
Yep, ounces would help, but I still have no idea what the biscuits are. I don't think I have ever heard of them.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
4oz unsalted butter
1oz cocoa powder
4oz minature marshmallows
11oz sweet plain biscuits, roughly broken - I think that maybe the American version of digestive biscuits is Graham crackers?
2oz glace cherries, rinsed & quartered
2oz plain chocolate
2oz white chocolate

I think that maybe the American version of digestive biscuits is Graham crackers? Can anyone help us?

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Biscuits to make a cheesecake base? Like maybe graham crackers Jess? That's the only thing I could think of Belinda...maybe that's what it is.

Looks awesome! But when I read your thread title, I thought you meant it was Rocky Road Ice Cream....well whatever it is...it looks soooooo YUMMMMMMYYYYY!

Hilda>^..^<

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Biscuits to make a cheesecake base? Like maybe graham crackers Jess? That's the only thing I could think of Belinda...maybe that's what it is.

Looks awesome! But when I read your thread title, I thought you meant it was Rocky Road Ice Cream....well whatever it is...it looks soooooo YUMMMMMMYYYYY!

Hilda>^..^<
Yes it does look yummy, I reckon when I try it I will try using graham crackers, cause I have no idea what the biscuits is, but that is what you use to me a cheesecake.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is a link that tells about the crackers:
http://www.foodsubs.com/Crackers.html

"digestive biscuit = digestive Notes: These British crackers are similar to American graham crackers, only they're more crumbly and less sweet. They're often crushed into crumbs and used to make pie crusts. Substitutes: graham cracker OR wheatmeal biscuit (in Australia)"

Hope this helps!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Here is a link that tells about the crackers:
http://www.foodsubs.com/Crackers.html

"digestive biscuit = digestive Notes: These British crackers are similar to American graham crackers, only they're more crumbly and less sweet. They're often crushed into crumbs and used to make pie crusts. Substitutes: graham cracker OR wheatmeal biscuit (in Australia)"

Hope this helps!
Yes it does, thanks for finding that for me