Ginger Sitting Pretty (for a change)

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ginger usually runs when I get the camera out, but she's been more generous lately and I was able to get a couple of decent pictures of her.

Here she is, posing pretty for her meowmy - she is such a little sweetheart when she isn't being a cranky tortie!

And this one shows some of her orange tabby markings that caused me to fall so hard for her - to me she is beautiful like a kaleidoscope - her pattern seems almost to be ever changing - but her orange mask remains.

She was watching Ferris play, alert and ready in case there was an opening to pounce on him:

And this is where she takes her naps when I'm home, and where she sleeps near me all night long at the foot of my bed:

There was some nice light coming through the window this afternoon:

And this is one of her favorite sleeping positions. She slept like the the very first night I brought her home from the shelter, and she still sleeps like this when she's really comfy and out light a light:

Makes me want to rub her belly!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat Locani

Wow! She's a beauty! Does she not like her tummy rubbed?
She does, but only when SHE decides. When she's in the mood for a tummy rub, she will run ahead of me to the kitchen, and throw herself down in front of me, arching to show me her tummy, and doing the "Moe, Larry, Cheese" spin on the rug while I rub her belly up and down and praise her.

She will only ever do this posturing on the kitchen floor.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a beauty! I'd love to pet her, but in this pic, the smudge around her nose/mouth seems to scream out, "touch me and die"

I'd still try anyway....who could resist?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

She's a beauty! I'd love to pet her, but in this pic, the smudge around her nose/mouth seems to scream out, "touch me and die"

I'd still try anyway....who could resist?
Actually, I kiss her right smack dab on that smudge on her upper lip all the time.
She's a softie - looks tougher than she really is.
Oh, and compared to Ferris, she's really petite, small-framed at just 8 pounds. She's mostly fur.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's just a gorgeous girl! I'm glad we got to see more of her!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
very nice,
heeh the waiting to pounce on ferris sounds so much like heyu and eazy

so much fun to watch.

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She is just precious! How are her and Ferris getting along? Is Ferris still a little ferral or is he a lap cat by now? It's been a while since I checked on your two kitties!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TiffanyL

She is just precious! How are her and Ferris getting along? Is Ferris still a little ferral or is he a lap cat by now? It's been a while since I checked on your two kitties!
Ferris is a complete and total love bug who literally BEGS for petting. He headbutts me all the time, and demands my attention. Not exactly a lap cat, but pretty darned close.

He still has his semi-feral moments when he reverts out of fear, but with the help of the Flower Essences and lots and lots of love and treats, he is overcoming that nicely, and most of the time you would never guess that he was wild-born.

Ginger and he get along famously for the most part - they enjoy chasing and wrestling each other, but when not playing together, Ginger just wants her own space, which leaves Ferris sad and longing for kitty cuddles.

I'm hoping that he will find the feline love he seeks when I bring home our new Bengal, Tinta, whom I'll be adopting from Kai Bengals in late May.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks like she's got tortitude alright!! Sounds like a real sweet baby to have around