Why dont mine move?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some avatars and smilies move, some don't.

For example if you use the laughing smilie:
they all move.

But if you simply use a Smile Smiley:
They don't move.

Avatars are the same. Go into your User CP and change it from there (I think its options). There are previews that you can do to see animated ones.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Your avatar is a JPG image and doesn't have any animation

What smilie's don't 'move'?
Umm no actually all the smileys and avatars dont move. I know they all arent supposed to move, but the ones that ARE supposed to~dont!!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try posting some in your post so we can see if they move when we view them

also try this

Originally Posted by website creation help guide

sometimes the animation stops or does not play due to a browser cache that is not functioning properly. You might decide to clear your browser's cache then reload the page and see if the animation becomes active. Graphics and Internet documents are stored on your hard drive as you browse the Web. The purpose of caching is to speed up Web page loading by calling on local files when you visit pages more than once. The browser checks to see that the local files match the date, time, name, file size and address of documents you are accessing remotely and displays the most recent version - and when the local matches the remote file specifications, the local file is quickly loaded from your hard drive (ingenious, huh?). Clearing your browser cache removes temporary cached Internet files and resumes the storage of graphics and documents from that point forward. To clear your browser cache refer to your browser below.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have dial up? When I did, I could set my screen for, crud, I can't remember exactlly what it's called, but high resolution or low resolution on my tool bar. The low resolution setting would load the pages faster, but smilies etc. didn't move (I started a thread in my first forum called "Smilies move?!?" as the first time I went there on the high resolution, I found out that some of the smilies were smiling for reasons totally different than what I was trying to imply
). Hope this helps.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

yep those work for me

Try cleaning out your temp internet files and cache too
Cache? What and where is it??

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This happened to me before, I cleared out my cookies, etc and restarted my browser and it fixed the problem.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you using Netscape as your browser? I used to use Netscape and a lot of animations didn't work on Netscape, when I switched to Explorer, they worked.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

Are you using Netscape as your browser? I used to use Netscape and a lot of animations didn't work on Netscape, when I switched to Explorer, they worked.
Nope, I also use Explorer......I dunno whats goin on, but its aggrevating.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you by any chance have peoplepc for your ISP? Or any ISP with the accelerated on? I have Peoplepc and had my accelerated set to 5, that made mine NOT move also.Neet told me to lower it and see if that helped.....it did.I moved it to level 3 and now they move.The page loads ALOT slower though.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Do you by any chance have peoplepc for your ISP? Or any ISP with the accelerated on? I have Peoplepc and had my accelerated set to 5, that made mine NOT move also.Neet told me to lower it and see if that helped.....it did.I moved it to level 3 and now they move.The page loads ALOT slower though.
That's what I was trying to remember!
Mine was peoplepc, too!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Yup!! I have peoplepc. So how do I change that?