Help!!!

faith09tp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok, i may need some help here, or i may be freaking out 4 nothing. ok, earlier i posted about my cat misty, she is due anyday now. well about 2 days ago she started discharging a lot, i thought she was losing her mucus plug, it looked like that's what it was. But nothing as happened since. well i checked her down there, and there's like dried up, caked on discharge. it looks really bad, like it's stuck there, on the opening of her vulva(?) and like nothing can go through. anyone seen anything like this? i mean it's pretty caked on there? anyone, help?

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wipe her down with cotton wool and warm water if she will let you. And then check again.

If you see a balloon type thing jutting out, call the vet immediately and get advise there. If there isn't anything there, leave it alone until tommorrow morning. She may not be ready to deliver yet.

Make sure everything is ready for her delivery.

I'm online for a while yet so you can pm me if you get concerned!

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faith09tp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes, it helped! lol it just freaked me out, lol, because i wasn't sure what it was or if it would come off. She's doing great! filling up with more milk, she's not discharging nearly as much, i haven't noticed much of anything, just her getting bigger and filling up with milk. she's getting very attached to me when i'm home though. I don't think it's quite that time yet, my original "due date" for her that i calculated was the 15th, not exactly a due date, lol, but it gave me some idea.. I knew the date she got out and everything, on the 15th it will be 63 days, so i just kept that in mind. i knew when stuff started happening she wasn't ready yet, i was just a little scared that it could have been premature labor. She's doing better though, she's a lot more active than she was that day, so i really don't know what happened. lol the babies are doing lots of moving though, lol i was holding her this morning before i got out of bed and it felt like they were having a party in there! lol i'll keep ya'll updated! Thanks!

oh yeah, she seems like she's dilated. she's looking bigger down there, a lot bigger than she was looking.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Faith09tp

yes, it helped! lol it just freaked me out, lol, because i wasn't sure what it was or if it would come off. She's doing great! filling up with more milk, she's not discharging nearly as much, i haven't noticed much of anything, just her getting bigger and filling up with milk. she's getting very attached to me when i'm home though. I don't think it's quite that time yet, my original "due date" for her that i calculated was the 15th, not exactly a due date, lol, but it gave me some idea.. I knew the date she got out and everything, on the 15th it will be 63 days, so i just kept that in mind. i knew when stuff started happening she wasn't ready yet, i was just a little scared that it could have been premature labor. She's doing better though, she's a lot more active than she was that day, so i really don't know what happened. lol the babies are doing lots of moving though, lol i was holding her this morning before i got out of bed and it felt like they were having a party in there! lol i'll keep ya'll updated! Thanks!

oh yeah, she seems like she's dilated. she's looking bigger down there, a lot bigger than she was looking.
The kittens can now be in the canal preparing for birth
How is she this morning.

faith09tp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she's doing fine this morning. she's getting more discharge. I kinda thought they might be in the birth canal, they seem a lot lower than they were before.

I'm really not sure if she's dilated, it just looks that way to me. Can anyone describe how it might look if she is?

But she's doing fine. I'm not too worried anymore. I just have to wait and keep a good eye on her I guess. She's been feisty this morning, lol. I'll let ya'll know if anything goes on or if I have any more questions. Thanks so much for everything. I would've lost it without ya'll!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i wouldnt know what it looks like , all i know is when lilly lost her first kitten and came out of labour , the vets said she was dilated so had to have a c section because of infections.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
but i do know that lilly had a lot of discharge and after came a lot of dark red blood. so just keep an eye out for any blood.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
another rule of thumb is going with your gut. You are a mom so to speak and well You gut will since something isnt right and a vet will let you know. Even a call to the receptionist will let ya know and maybe help ease your mind.

faith09tp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i haven't noticed any blood. there's light brown discharge, but it really doesn't really look like blood. it seems ok, she seems ok 4 now. i'm just getting anxious. but if i feel worried about anything or uneasy i will give the vets a call.

What kind of discharge was anne having. how was it different from lilly's? Like i said before, this is my 1st pregnant pet so i really don't know what the norm is or what to expect. Right now she seems great though. she doesn't seem to be in any distress at all.

faith09tp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok, it's around 3:40 am here. i'm still awake because i love to stay up late, lol, i'm a night person. misty was sleeping for a while but she got up and started gagging. she vomited, it looked like it was just a big clump of fur. should this worry me at all. She's doing alright. i held her for about 10 minutes after that, she made a little bit of noise while i was petting her and she fell asleep in my lap. right now she's eating and drinking water.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she's being grooming herself big time! Is the area around her nipples completely free of fur?

If she's not distressed then be calm...

faith09tp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes, she's been grooming herself. she's not long haired, but not short haired, lol i guess it's medium. I just hate seeing her throw up, i feel bad for her. she seems fine though, just tired right now, i know she's had a long day, getting ready for the birth and everything. she's sleeping again. She's fine, just wanted to get an opinion before i started doing any worrying. i took some pictures of her to post, i'll probably get a chance to post em tomorrow, opps, well later on today, lol.

Should i help her get groomed and trim some of the hair? I think i read somewhere it'll be ok to do that, but i'm not sure, lol. will it really make a difference?

dutchessmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
read my posts under OMG...she is freaking! Lol! I have been dealing with all the signs you mentioned for about 2 weeks now! She is having her babies now...lol! 2 weeks!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
annes was a brownish discharge towards the end , but 10 days before she gave birth it was a clear sort of yellowish. that was on and off from the 1st march , she had her babys 10 march.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Faith09tp

Should i help her get groomed and trim some of the hair? I think i read somewhere it'll be ok to do that, but i'm not sure, lol. will it really make a difference?
Makes no difference at all! The babies will find the nipples anyway.
Unless it's a Persian in full winter coat!