Dog named Lassie saves family but dies in house fire......

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by firsttimeowner

god gives us pets..bet that dog is in a specail place now
Yep, she is over at the Bridge now.

This story is just so sad though

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw so sad for the dog! But a great thing for saving the people! God must have used that dog to save the people from dying!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is so sad.
it's amazing what dogs will do for us and it's sad the dog didn't get out, but she died a hero.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I'm sure Lassie is in Doggie Heaven right now...what a wonderful, wonderful dog. My heart goes out to that couple.

MargeCat

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why didn't they make sure the dog stayed with them until they were out?????
That's very sad.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so sad. Bless her heart, she's in a better and a special place now.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Rest in Peace sweet angel.

This reminds me of a fire that happened down the street from here. Almost the whole neighborhood was out there watching this house go up in flames..I've never seen a fire like this.
it was night out, and against the flames I could see the figure of a fireman bringing a dog out on a leash. Was so happy they got him out.
But the next day at the rescue, we got a call from the owners of the house. Their cat was inside, they wanted to know if it maybe got out and we got it.

They found the cat later that day in the basement under a couch. Died from smoke inhalation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leto86

Rest in Peace sweet angel.

This reminds me of a fire that happened down the street from here. Almost the whole neighborhood was out there watching this house go up in flames..I've never seen a fire like this.
it was night out, and against the flames I could see the figure of a fireman bringing a dog out on a leash. Was so happy they got him out.
But the next day at the rescue, we got a call from the owners of the house. Their cat was inside, they wanted to know if it maybe got out and we got it.

They found the cat later that day in the basement under a couch. Died from smoke inhalation.
That is so sad

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful dog. They're really lucky to have had her. Such a shame that she wasn't able to make it out with them

kirst

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a brave a dog but so sad that Lassie has passed on but who would have thought that a dog can be so loving and brave to say his family.