Remember Shari Lewis?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was checking out of the local WalMart and there was a display of $1 DVDs. Among them was one with 4 spisodes of The Shari Show, done in the 1970s. I bought it (mainly for any appearance of Lamb Chop) and spent the afternoon watching it. Felt 5 years old again.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved Sheri Lewis and Lambchop.
Of course I also loved Waylon and Madame

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

I was checking out of the local WalMart and there was a display of $1 DVDs. Among them was one with 4 spisodes of The Shari Show, done in the 1970s. I bought it (mainly for any appearance of Lamb Chop) and spent the afternoon watching it. Felt 5 years old again.
I loved Shari Lewis

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVED Shari Lewis!! I have some of the Lambchop shows on VHS.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

They had that tape at our Wal-Mart too and I meant to buy it, I reckon I will hafta go back and get it now.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son, who is now 29, always hated the song she sang at the end of her show. I on the other hand loved it.

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Her last series runs daily on Qubo, but not a lot of cable systems carry it. I get it via an over-the-air digital tuner, where it's a subchannel of the Ion station.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the song that doesn't end... yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started singin' it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singin' it forever just because...

Lamb Chop was so cute!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched her last series on PBS - even learning the "Song That Never Ends". Really flattering for a 40+ year old!

The Shari Show dealt with a TV station and while geared for kids, one episode made me laugh because it made fun of the Nielsen Ratings system.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Very fond memories of Shari Lewis and her critters, but especially Lamb Chop -- what attitude!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG! I remember torturing my little sister by singing the song that never ends....all the time because it never ends!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear!!! I thought you were going to say she died!!!

Wait? Is she still alive or did she die???

that's a good find though. Normally you don't find anything good in those $1 DVD bins at Walmart.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately Shari died about 10 years ago - she had cancer and was undergoing treatment, but developed pneumonia.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

OMG! I remember torturing my little sister by singing the song that never ends....all the time because it never ends!
Yep, I love that song, but my son hates it.

I went to Wal-Mart today and bought that dvd too.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Oh dear!!! I thought you were going to say she died!!!

Wait? Is she still alive or did she die???

that's a good find though. Normally you don't find anything good in those $1 DVD bins at Walmart.
I have found several of them, I have been buying a few at the time for my new grandbaby.