TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Remember Shari Lewis?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Remember Shari Lewis?

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
I was checking out of the local WalMart and there was a display of $1 DVDs. Among them was one with 4 spisodes of The Shari Show, done in the 1970s. I bought it (mainly for any appearance of Lamb Chop) and spent the afternoon watching it. Felt 5 years old again.
post #2 of 23
I loved Sheri Lewis and Lambchop.
Of course I also loved Waylon and Madame
post #3 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemlady View Post
I was checking out of the local WalMart and there was a display of $1 DVDs. Among them was one with 4 spisodes of The Shari Show, done in the 1970s. I bought it (mainly for any appearance of Lamb Chop) and spent the afternoon watching it. Felt 5 years old again.

I loved Shari Lewis
post #4 of 23
I LOVED Shari Lewis!! I have some of the Lambchop shows on VHS.
post #5 of 23
OMG - yes, they showed it on UK TV it was the favourite Saturday afternoon viewing

that was a blast from the past
post #6 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemlady View Post
I was checking out of the local WalMart and there was a display of $1 DVDs. Among them was one with 4 spisodes of The Shari Show, done in the 1970s. I bought it (mainly for any appearance of Lamb Chop) and spent the afternoon watching it. Felt 5 years old again.
They had that tape at our Wal-Mart too and I meant to buy it, I reckon I will hafta go back and get it now.
post #7 of 23
I used to love The Royal Command Performance of t.v. when i was small because she was nearly always on
post #8 of 23
I always loved Shari Lewis and Lamb Chop!
post #9 of 23
My son, who is now 29, always hated the song she sang at the end of her show. I on the other hand loved it.
post #10 of 23
I loved her when I was little - Lamb Chop, Hush Puppie, Charlie Horse - it brings back memories!
post #11 of 23
Her last series runs daily on Qubo, but not a lot of cable systems carry it. I get it via an over-the-air digital tuner, where it's a subchannel of the Ion station.
post #12 of 23
This is the song that doesn't end... yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started singin' it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singin' it forever just because...

Lamb Chop was so cute!!!
post #13 of 23
Thread Starter 
I watched her last series on PBS - even learning the "Song That Never Ends". Really flattering for a 40+ year old!

The Shari Show dealt with a TV station and while geared for kids, one episode made me laugh because it made fun of the Nielsen Ratings system.
post #14 of 23
Very fond memories of Shari Lewis and her critters, but especially Lamb Chop -- what attitude!
post #15 of 23
OMG! I remember torturing my little sister by singing the song that never ends....all the time because it never ends!
post #16 of 23
Oh dear!!! I thought you were going to say she died!!!

Wait? Is she still alive or did she die???

that's a good find though. Normally you don't find anything good in those $1 DVD bins at Walmart.
post #17 of 23
Thread Starter 
Unfortunately Shari died about 10 years ago - she had cancer and was undergoing treatment, but developed pneumonia.
post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
OMG! I remember torturing my little sister by singing the song that never ends....all the time because it never ends!
Yep, I love that song, but my son hates it.

I went to Wal-Mart today and bought that dvd too.
post #19 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemlady View Post
Unfortunately Shari died about 10 years ago - she had cancer and was undergoing treatment, but developed pneumonia.
Ok thanks!
post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmom View Post
Oh dear!!! I thought you were going to say she died!!!

Wait? Is she still alive or did she die???

that's a good find though. Normally you don't find anything good in those $1 DVD bins at Walmart.
I have found several of them, I have been buying a few at the time for my new grandbaby.
post #21 of 23
I LOVED lamb chop!! I still sing "the song that never ends" from time to time!
post #22 of 23
I loved them as well. Although, she must be 85 years old and still talks like Lambchop - that is a bit disconcerting!
post #23 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godiva View Post
This is the song that doesn't end... yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started singin' it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singin' it forever just because...

Lamb Chop was so cute!!!
this is the song that doesn't end...yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started singin' it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singin' it forever just because.... (I know you're singing along too)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Remember Shari Lewis?