Do you own your cat or does your cat own you?

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat owns me big time! He is good at getting what he wants! He knows if he goes to the door and meows, I will let him out. He knows if he sits and stares at his bowl, I will give him food. He knows if he rubs against my hand, I will pet him. He is the best at looking cute so I will do what he wants!

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not so much with Maverick but Penelope definitely is the boss of me and DH. She can make you feel uneasy with one cool glare. And when she wants your attention, you better comply!!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They all own me, the cats, the dog, the bird.

I'm just a simple slave to their every need and whim.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I'll admit it that I am owned by all of my furries..and get ordered around and punished sometimes too.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I own the cats (I'm the alpha and the provider) but they own my heart.

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I own them. I buy the food, make the rules and schedule the vet visits. If it were up to them, they'd eat cheese and drink milk all day, play in any room and the bathroom cupboard (not allowed in there because the cleaners and such are in there) and never see a vet.

jessicasoosweet

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am proud to admit I am owned by Kallie and Murphy. They get what ever they want when they want it. Unless it is bad for them or will hurt them

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's mutual here. I know what my cats want based on their meows and behaviour. I spoil them rotten but at the same time I set limits for things.

For example, Chynna will cuddle 24/7 if you let her. Cuddle for 20 minutes, get down and go potty or get a drink and then come back and want cuddles again. I don't have time for that because obviously I have stuff to do to maintain my house etc. So sometimes I pick her up and cuddle her and other times I give her a few scritches on the head and that's it.

So we kind of mutually own each other, hehe

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still think of things like:

I don't have to go to the store and pick up food and litter...they can figure things out themselves...

But I'm a responsible owner. So I do the right thing and own them.

Unless they want to work...then they can own me.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My best friend happens to be a cat named Maia.............We own each other! Sometimes I ask her to do something, sometimes she asks me. The great thing is that it truly is equal give, never take, I love her for that!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well this is an easy one...our kitties own me
I am their slave to everything ! I do set limits sometimes, ok I make my mom handle that
ecspecially when they are cuddeling and i feel bad if i make them move
so I mkae my mom move them so shes made out to be the bad person
and well I spoil them all rotten and they know it and they can get away with almost anything ALMOST is the key word tho

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I may be delusional, but I like to think that Seb and I are friends. I would be lost without him and he chose me and seems to want to stick with me. Yeah, I feed him and care for him, but he gives me so much more

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

I may be delusional, but I like to think that Seb and I are friends. I would be lost without him and he chose me and seems to want to stick with me. Yeah, I feed him and care for him, but he gives me so much more
Well then we can be delusional together.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Yep! I agree too. Kitty was a different cat when he showed up in the garden looking lost and sorry for himself. He was definatly in charge then.
But he`s so different now and we`ve grown together. I think we respect each other.