Bean Caught His First Mouse!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So last night my family and my cousin were all sitting down together in the living room watching a movie. Bean was running around playing. My little cousin went over to pick him up to play with him, and she lets out a scream, "ahh Bean's got a MOUSE!" So I ran over there and sure enough, clasped in his paws, struggling madly was a little mouse!
So I quick got a bucket and trapped the mouse under it. I'm too much of a softie to let him kill it, not to mention having that happen in the house would be pretty gross.
So I put the mouse in a container, and I'll let him go in the woods behind my house today. But you guys should have seen Bean. He was soo proud of himself. He was like
meowmy look what I caught you. I felt bad taking it away, he searched for it for a good half an hour after it was gone.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done Bean, you saved your family from that big bad mouse.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww, how cool is that!! Way to go Bean

I think Trout would be scared of a mouse
She likes to chase down bugs..but a mouse is pretty big for her I think

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank goodness we do not have mice (that I'm aware of). But ya know the mouse will likely come back since you didn't allow bean to kill it.

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Way to go Bean. I have a mighty mouse killer also. It is pretty cute how proud they are of thier prowess. Thank goodness when we renovated the house we plugged up all the mouse holes. One time a mouse Redford caught got loose and ran up my husbands pants leg. He was not amused. I was

Tricia

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aristotle says congratulations, Bean!

Ari is our mouse catcher. After they die he leaves them to mummify under the fridge. It extends their play value.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats Bean!
My cat goes outside a lot. We are always finding dead mice left in front of our door! A gift from Wesley!! It's really gross to me but Wesley is so proud he got one that he has to bring it to me to show off!!

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aw, your little boy is growing up!

P.S. I've heard that if you drop the mouse reallyreallyreally far away from your house it won't come back? Don't know if that's true though...

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Found out that its kinder to kill them. House mice cannot live in 'the wild' I was upset about that. Once I found and rescue a mouse from Tom and Bindi named his Gray Gray and tryed to tame him and turn him into a pet I was going to turn him into a local petco by our house. He lived for a few days then died from inturnal wounds I think. Next time the cats find and kill a mouse I'm going to don some gloves and bucher the rodent with a knife to see if I can train my Bindi to eat the raw mouse. Then at least it would be a more meaningful death. My Bindi is on raw/natural food diet now so it might just work. If you get traps for the mice get nonglue those kinds are horrble and torture the mice long before they actually die.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Panther pride

Found out that its kinder to kill them. House mice cannot live in 'the wild' I was upset about that. Once I found and rescue a mouse from Tom and Bindi named his Gray Gray and tryed to tame him and turn him into a pet I was going to turn him into a local petco by our house. He lived for a few days then died from inturnal wounds I think. Next time the cats find and kill a mouse I'm going to don some gloves and bucher the rodent with a knife to see if I can train my Bindi to eat the raw mouse. Then at least it would be a more meaningful death. My Bindi is on raw/natural food diet now so it might just work. If you get traps for the mice get nonglue those kinds are horrble and torture the mice long before they actually die.
My last apartment developed a terrible mouse problem. We tried the snap traps, which actually were more brutal than the glue. The snap traps catch their legs, then they drag the trap around the room. Awful. We reverted to the sticky ones, put the mice in a garbage bag and whacked them with a shovel, so they wouldn't suffer too long on the sticky trap.

I would have used poison which maybe is the most humane way to do it, but I didn't want my cat at the time to catch and eat a poisoned mouse.

On a lighter note, I'm so proud of Bean catching his first mouse. He has officially become a man! He's prooving that he can earn his keep!

I remember when Fred caught his first (and maybe only). When I came home, it was already dead. He was soooooo happy, excited and proud that I let him play with it for a bit. Unfortunately, he lost the mouse (I thought that he ate it). A few days later, the house started smelling of dirty diapers. I located the source. Fred's rotting dead mouse under a heavy peice of furniture that Fred couldn't reach under.

Fred was so happy that day, I almost wish i had a mouse problem now! I think I may have one invisible mouse(I started a link about this awhile back), but it seems afraid to enter into the human/cat realm of the household. The cats just hear it under the floorboards or in the wall.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Way to go Bean!! I bet he was so proud to display his prize! Don't know if any of our cats would catch a mouse. I know they always play with the little geckos we get in the house and they always lose their tail because of it.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations Bean

Radar seems to have scared all the mice off which is a good thing considering Pest Control have been putting poison down elsewhere...
I would have killed the mouse, taking it to the woods just means he will return, attracted to the heat from your building